What's new
Hi i thought I'd introduce myself, I'm JellyMama and i got into carnivorous plants a little over a year ago when my husband bought me a drosera spatulata. I'm currently growing a Darlingtonia, which ive had since last March, 4 Sarracenia's, 2 of which i only got last Friday, and a Drosera Capensis. I will try to post some pictures of my plants soon. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

curtisconners

Greetings from the netherworld.
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
You might want to look into venus fly traps, they're care is virtually identical to d. capensis. Just provide it with a dormancy like your sarracenia.

Yeah I'd like to try a Venus Flytrap, i think im going to get one next time i order plants, I had one last year, but it wasn't getting enough sunlight and didn't make it. Right now my plants are getting about 5 hours of direct sun and I wasn't sure if that was enough for flytraps.

We have Darlingtonia not too far north from where I'm at, I'm hoping to go see some this summer. We also have some Sundews, and Utricularia in the area that I really want to go see.

We have Darlingtonia not too far north from where I'm at, I'm hoping to go see some this summer. We also have some Sundews, and Utricularia in the area that I really want to go see.

I envy you. I visited the Smith River at the top end of California and saw two fantastic spots having all three: Darlingtonia, Pinguicula macroceras, and Drosera rotundifolia. If these were in my neighborhood I would be out there feeding them:)

I've never seen any plants in that area although I've been in the Smith River area before, we used to vacation in Crescent City. Did you visit the Darlingtonia trail in Gasquet? I haven't been there yet, but i plan on checking it out next time we pass through there.

I've never seen any plants in that area although I've been in the Smith River area before, we used to vacation in Crescent City. Did you visit the Darlingtonia trail in Gasquet? I haven't been there yet, but i plan on checking it out next time we pass through there.

Yes, Darlingtonia Trail is awesome. Another must-see is the Covered Bridge site in Hiouchi: pings galore.

I've never heard of that spot, I'll have to look into it, I'd love to check it out and take some pictures.