What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Depot, Sarracenias in Cobra Lilly Boxes

orlenz

Petiolaris Enthusiast
I was at Home Depot and saw some thin plastic boxes that say Cobra Lilly Carnivorous Plant on them, so I checked them out, every one of them had a Sarracenia in it, looked like S. leucophylla , I dont know if it was mistake, or if the nursery, doesnt know any better, or if they ran out of sarracenia boxes and just though eeh nobody will notice, the name of the nursery on the boxes is Altman plants in Vista, Ca.

anybody ever heard of these guys before?

No but a quick google search shows that they don't really specialize in CPs. Mostly succulents. The only CP I could find on their page was a VFT. They probably misidentified the sarrs or thought they were the same as cobra lilly plants. But who knows.

No but a quick google search shows that they don't really specialize in CPs. Mostly succulents. The only CP I could find on their page was a VFT. They probably misidentified the sarrs or thought they were the same as cobra lilly plants. But who knows.

Or they think (rightly, most of the time) that nobody cares or will notice.

If they're the same boxes I see, they always have pictures of Cobra-Lilies on them, but they're always S. Purpurea. The exact same boxes house VFT's as well.

I go to the store all the time and see random cp's in flimsy boxes, that are in moderate need of help.
Generally, the only thing ive found that they DO label right is the flytraps. Other than that, its usually
incompetent monkeys just throwing them in the box, species mislabeled trying to make a buck or two.

1zi6n6.jpg
I however bought this small flytrap to see how well I could do with this species again. It looks like its tried to bloom twice, but they clipped it.

Yo, orlenz what home depot did you find the "Cobra lily" sarr thingy here in riverside?

Yeah, the one on Madison and Indiana, they were inside by the garden dept with the houseplants

they had someflytraps, and d. capensis too they call those octopus plants, once in a while if you get there early you can find nepenthes in hanging pots usually N. Miranda and N. ventrada, just the common stuff

I've seen large moranensis labled as "ninja starfish plants", and almost fell over laughing.

went by there today for some stuff and took a few pics

2lmkvfn.jpg

ix5ult.jpg

9gk4le.jpg

Back