What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt forAudrey Junior Tour- San Fransisco Bay area

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Dory and I are putting together a tour for the FIAT club with a long lunch at a particular nursery in Sebastapol. We would like to extend the invitation to any BACPS member that would like to tag along.You don't need a FIAT to join in the fun and games, though if you come in something slower than a Yugo, or heavier than a Hummer, you may want to stay near the back.

We will be driving some ... interesting... roads, including a little rock-climber along the cliffs by the Golden Gate Bridge, and one that goes up and over MT. Tamalpais. If you don't like twisty mountain roads or cliff-side driving, meet us at the nursery around 1-ish! We will be doing more pre-runs soon, and will update when lunch-time should be.

The club will be communicating via CB radios; if you want, there are some nice, inexpensive hand-held CBs available at Radio Shack. They will work quite nicely for this tour.

If you would like to join, please e-mail me by the 11th, so I can get a rough headcount for Peter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 18, 2011
The Hunt for Audry Jr. Tour

June 18 we will be taking only the bravest, the most daring—only those with the quickest reflexes— up and over the peak of Mount Tamalpais, down along the rugged coast, through un-tamed wilderness and questionable farmland to find the legacy of Audrey Junior.

Starting at the Palace of the Legion of Honor at 9:30 (driver’s meeting at 9:00!), we will cross the famous (infamous?) Golden Gate Bridge, and will be traveling some of the remotest, most intriguing roads in the area. Check your brakes!

Lunch will be your choice of sandwiches and sodas from a local deli in Sebastopol, served at the nursery. The deli manager, Dave, is a “car guy” (big Detroit Iron), and is looking forward to visiting the Nursery during our lunch stop to view our cars. That said, he has given us a special discount on the “regular” sandwiches of $5.00 each (see columns two and three on the attached spreadsheet) and $.50 for a canned soda. The Specialty Sandwiches in column four are at the posted price. Make your selection by the 11th, and e-mail it to us with your name. Payment due the day of the tour. Any last minute entrants to the tour will have to make their decision at the Driver’s Meeting and I will phone Dave with the additional items.

After we finish extricating the careless and slow from the clutches of the vegetable carnivores, we will wind our way back towards home, ending at a secret dinner spot, somewhere in the Oakland area. Come hungry!

139.jpg

Back