What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got back from the Philippines (DUW)

This was fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.

Dex,
Thanks so much for sharing pics of your trip!. Feel free to share more - neps, non-neps, non-cp's, critters, landscapes - anything that represents pieces of your journey. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts about the trip - while they're still fresh - impressions from the travel, the cities, the villages, the hiking, the prep, the temps, etc, etc, etc.

Hey Ron.

There is so much much more to tell and show as well, it's true! This last post took me about two hours to post, so I did only the essentials for the CP crowd. I'll try to post more cultural and landscape shots as well as give my thoughts on the trip later at some point.

But in summary, the trip was beyond amazing and eye-opening. The hiking was on the more intense side and I would not recommend one of these expeditions to someone who is even moderately lacking confidence in their physical ability. Also, it is essential that one enjoys eating only rice and pork, or else the jungle meals will break your heart.

The hiking was on the more intense side and I would not recommend one of these expeditions to someone who is even moderately lacking confidence in their physical ability.

ah. reminds me very much of my time on Roraima. super steep cliff sides that needed to be scaled up, with a 500+ foot drop on one side and a cliff on the other. then you had to carry your own pack, AND you had one arm holding your heavy camera and the other to help you climb. fun stuff!

I hate you so much

ah. reminds me very much of my time on Roraima. super steep cliff sides that needed to be scaled up, with a 500+ foot drop on one side and a cliff on the other. then you had to carry your own pack, AND you had one arm holding your heavy camera and the other to help you climb. fun stuff!

The tepuis sound so amazing. Someday I will experience what you speak of. Though when the time comes I now know how light I have to pack... haha

Back