What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I moved...pic of my balcony (neps+sarrs)

thez_yo

instigator
I think I have to put the nep trays on shelves or something because they are taking up a good 1/5 of the balcony...the problem is the ones on the higher shelves won't get any direct sunshine and I really don't want to buy grow lights, so I might have to put them inside again. The balcony has sort of been the "holding tank" for the plants while I move the rest of the stuff in around the apt.

P5150010.jpg

(nevermind the white container with some sludgey water in it - it's working on evaporating)

I think I might move 'em to here (west window):
P5150013.jpg

Congratulation on the new home. Your plants are more thriving now compared to when I visited your old home some months ago. Seems you got some new plants (those covered with white plastic bags)? The amazing thing is you've grown lots of wonderful neps with humidity around 40%, and they are pitchering! I am looking forward to visiting your new home and enjoying those beautiful pitchers again.

PS: after have seen the beautiful pitcher of your N. ampullaria red x sibuyanensis when I visited your collection, I also bought one :)

PS: motivated by your success on growing neps with low humidity, I am now trying growing my neps with lower humidity. The daytime humidity is now 60%-45%. And all of them are pretty well, even my N. talangensis seems to pitcher (with moss cover the leave tips) as well.

Beautiful! I'm currently apartment hunting and hoping to get a balcony like yours. Very nice. :)

Looks like you still have too much blank space, though! ;)

Congratulation on the new home. Your plants are more thriving now compared to when I visited your old home some months ago. Seems you got some new plants (those covered with white plastic bags)? The amazing thing is you've grown lots of wonderful neps with humidity around 40%, and they are pitchering! I am looking forward to visiting your new home and enjoying those beautiful pitchers again.

PS: after have seen the beautiful pitcher of your N. ampullaria red x sibuyanensis when I visited your collection, I also bought one :)

PS: motivated by your success on growing neps with low humidity, I am now trying growing my neps with lower humidity. The daytime humidity is now 60%-45%. And all of them are pretty well, even my N. talangensis seems to pitcher (with moss cover the leave tips) as well.

Yeah, I looked through your grow list and you have a couple pics of my plants up too - thanks! I didn't think they looked *that* good :blush: The ones covered in bags are an N.muluensis that doesn't have roots, and a bunch of helis acclimatizing after shipping/repotting.

I hear you have to keep talangensis tips moist in order for it to pitcher, but I think most everything else that's intermediate/high will do OK in lower humidity as long as it gets the right amount of sunshine.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Beautiful! I'm currently apartment hunting and hoping to get a balcony like yours. Very nice. :)

Looks like you still have too much blank space, though! ;)

...I have more plants still on the way...oops
... :crazy:

Back