What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm uploading some old CP videos I have to youtube....

RichBBWDavion

RichardBBWDavion
set

485685_4111755631995_1226251478_3963423_859378684_a.jpg

My-Cat 'Got' Run-OVER LAST-Week: ... so-"I"m IN-The-Process of Going-Through OLD-Stuff from-When-"I"-'First' Had-R VHS-Camera &-Am Catching The-ODD Brief-Glimpse HERE-&-THERE Of My-Former WONDERBEAST & Loading-UP-DECADES-Old FOOTAGE to-Youtube as-"I"-GO so-to-Speak.

The-Above Is-R-Small Vignette Of The-GLID-Site Barely-Three-Minutes from My-House.

"I"ll-Be Loading-UP FIELD-Trips With-DONNY (The-'First' Is-R-Visit IN-Late [2001] to The Mount-Compass Wetlands-Boardwalk to-See Drosera-binata / VISITS Down To DONNY's First-@ The CORNISH-Avenue-Address ... &-Then-Later The VINE-Street-Abode Where He-Eventually Built His SWEDISH / SWISS-Roll Style Greenhouse Which Really-Was Groundbreaking IN-Its-Time so-to-Speak &-Something "I"-Wish-to Eventually Emulated / ACPS-SHOWS (NORTHAVEN) / ACPS-Meetings / R-Visit to AUGUST UP-IN-WHYALLA / R-Visit to FRED's [The-LATE Fred-HOWELL for-Those-of-You Who-Have ONLY 'Known'-Him IN-Name-ONLY so-to-Speak] Etc. Etc.

411268_4161614278430_1226251478_3988504_631500239_o.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY "I"-Was The-'One' to-Coin-The-TERM "SNAP"-Tentacle ... R-Term "I"-Don't-Like &-NEVER-Have ... Admittedly IN-The-Space-of ONLY-20-Minutes When ZIGGI Told-Me He-Wanted to-Call-Them CATAPULT-Tentacles Having 'Not'-INFORMED-Me of-The-Reason 'Behind' The-Term ... Since "I"-Had ONLY-'Seen' Ants-Being 'Flicked'-by Drosera-TRINVERVIA ... NEVER Drosera-GLANDULIGERA ... Because Of-Course It's-R-Momentarily-Thing &-You-'Just'-Have to-be-THERE to-Witness-it IN-Real-Time so-to-Speak ... Whereas TRINERVIA Moves-@-R 'Comfortably' Albeit Amazingly-Shocking Middle-Speed IE ~TEN-Times 'Faster' Than Either BURMANNII-or-SESSILIFOLIA ... But-'Still' An-Order-of-Magnitude Slower-than GLANDULIGERA That-"I"m Afraid-to-Say Is-'Still' 'Top'-DOG Even-TODAY so-to-Speak &=Probably Shall-Ever Will-be Considering It's Evolutionary-EPHEMERAL Lifestyle Compared-to-Other SUNDEWs With R-More subdued / Laid-'Bach' &-Leisurely Lifestyle so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< Ha-Har

525951_3836928641492_1226251478_3854827_650998796_a.jpg

So-Basically "I"m-Hankering for-R-RETURN to The-Term RIBBON-Tentacles ... But With An-Associated Break-Down INTO Rankings of SPEED / Head-&-Continental-Shape

IE Neurodrosera-'Glanduligera': R-SUNDEW With BLITZSCHNELL (Lightning-Fast) RIBBON-Tentacles so-to-Speak ... but-of-Course Graphically You'd-Probably Graph-Them LOGARITHMICALLY Against Some-Form-of-Association With Michaelis-Mention Kinetics since We're-Dealing Most-likley with Heat-Stable-Enzymes That-Have Evolved-HERE Since GONDWANAN-Times so-to-Speak ... so-Can Operate-&-Perform Under-The-Most Stringent-of-Conditions of 45oC-Plus Towards-The-End of The Ephemeral-Growing-Season Near-CHRISTMAS [~First-Week IN-December CANNINGTON-Swamp Use to Dry-OUT].

So BURMANNII-&-SESSILIFOLIA Would Fit Temporally INTO One-Group @ one-End &-Cross-reference by CONTINENTAL 'SNAP'-Heads down teh-Other Margin With GLANDULIGERA @-The FAR-End IN-Australia-Land ALl-ON-Its-Lonesome so-to-Speak With TRINERVIA &-The-Other Recent Souph-Affy Disciveries Somewhere towards The-CENTRE so-to-Speak.

set

ANYWAY ... 'You' Work-ON-It ... "I"m Getting Too-OLD For-Fussing-&-Fighting MY-Friends Methinkst so-to-Speak ... "I"-'Just' Hope They 'Find' NERVES-or-MUSCLES In-it so "I"-Can Get-On With My-LIFE After-THIS Somewhat Near 40-Year 'Detour' so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

576197_3942880010210_1226251478_3896499_1395090858_a.jpg

Back