What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increase Humidity

Ok so i have my N. Red Dragon and have been keeping it in a East facing window for the last couple months... for a while it was doing fine but over the last month it has lost all of it's pitchers and is just growing leaves now :-(.... so i moved it under my lights by my terrarium (since there is no room in the terrarium) and i need to find a way to increase humidity, because i heard that helps pitcher growth. So to get to the question does anyone have any ideas on how to increase the realative humidity around the Nepenthes? ??? Any suggestions would help as long as they are not to far out there :-)) .

Thanks in Advance :boogie:

-Ryan

Humidity doesn't matter too much, especially for a hybrid as resilient as red dragon. I've pitchered things in 15% humidity. If you really want to do it anyway, get a tray, put some rocks in it, pour in water (not all the way to the top of the rocks though) and set the pot on top of said rocks.

Ok thanks i will try that out... it is also nice to know that it doesnt need a ton of humidity, i think the main problem was that it wasnt getting enough light during the day which is now much bettr ligth source. So thanks for helping

Maybe your Red Dragon has not yet adapted to your environment.
You can according to phissionkorps said the way of increment humidity,
and observe a period of time.
Perhaps it will start making pitcher.:-D

Back