bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
At last, a General Discussions photo thread that I can call my very own! :banana2:
I'm setting the bar pretty low to begin with but, hopefully, things will improve. At least there will be photos if I manage kill any of these plants anytime soon! 'Hope you enjoy.

Tall Drosera slackii.
mini-P2143326.jpg

Cephalotus typical.
mini-P2143336.jpg

mini-P2143338.jpg

D. aliciae.
mini-P2143340.jpg

D. burmannii in a tower.
mini-P2143343.jpg

mini-P2143343-Copy.jpg

D. paradoxa.
mini-P2143346.jpg

D. graomogolensis.
mini-P2143351.jpg

Little D. dilatato-petiolaris plants.
mini-P2143353.jpg

D. ascendans seedlings.
mini-P2143357.jpg

MH1

Smile, it makes people nervous :)
That slakii has a really interesting growth habit! I've seen something similar before, but pretty cool- mine has a much flatter shape to it. Also, what are the white pots you're using?
They all look great!

That slakii has a really interesting growth habit! I've seen something similar before, but pretty cool- mine has a much flatter shape to it. Also, what are the white pots you're using?
They all look great!

PVC Tubing, methinks. :)

Nice job bluemax! Awesome droseras. :)

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Wow I missed this! awesome plants dude! I had no idea slackii stacked like that.. and I love the look of those PVC rounds.. How tall do you make them? do you use anything to plug the bottom or just a wad of LFS?

amphirion

i dont do pots.
very nice max. and quite a creative way of utilizing pvc pipes! too bad those pipes dont come in squares. you could have saved some space! :p

great growing. everything looks nice and healthy!

GrowinOld

Not Growing Up!
Good to see others using PVC tubes!
I have been using them because I can cut them to the lengths I want.
I have also been experimenting with the amount of bottom holes & media layers,
and can tailor them to the environ I have them in. VFT's in particular are interesting to grow ih them as well as any plants with a more tap-root structure. (In other words, no Sarrs)
Nice job you did!
:bigthumpup:
Oh yea, you can take a drop of acetone to remove the lettering stamped on them.
Makes them look like nice pots & not tubes.

Nice growing!
:water:

And you can get square piping, however it is too expensive to bother with.

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Supporter
Very, very nice collection, jealous. I love the PVC pipe pots, great idea...I feel another project coming on, :lol:

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
Thank you for all the kind responses everyone! I hope to do better photographically in the future.

Also, what are the white pots you're using?

As Brokken said they are pvc pipe, cut to length from a 20' piece.

nice dews and the slakii looks strange ,have you had it ages or is it a freak

I've had it about a year and a half but it's always shown a tendency to grow horizontally. This is the only one of this species I've grown so I don't know if this is freakish or not.

Are your D. dilatato-petiolaris plants seed grown? :)

Yes they are. They're now about the size of a US dime.

.. and I love the look of those PVC rounds.. How tall do you make them? do you use anything to plug the bottom or just a wad of LFS?

The ones in the pictures are around 6" high. I think the maximum height would have to do with how much headroom you have and how much stability you need. The taller the more wobbly. I block the bottom with a square-cut piece of scrap plexiglas, hotglued on, which makes for a base.

Thanks for the acetone tip, GrowinOld. I'll try that. I mess with drilling holes in them, too. I always put one in the bottom and several around the bottom perimeter but I like to add a few small ones along the sides for air the medium.

Thanks again, everyone.

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
The Tank - a new beginning.

First photos of the used 55-gal. tank I've just set up for my plants. Everything I grow has pinched toes I'm afraid. The old 10-gal. has been set up as a 'hot' tank for petiolaris 'dews. Now I can try the seeds that I didn't have enough heat for. This is an increase in growing area over four times larger and now there is vertical room for flowering. Crummy pics as follows-

mini-P3283373.jpg

Special effects view.

mini-P3283388.jpg

mini-P3283360.jpg

mini-P3283389.jpg

High-tech all the way.

mini-P3283364.jpg

mini-P3283378.jpg

D. paradoxa - soon to have a warmer home.

Not even a small step for mankind, but a giant leap for me. Now begins the rather large repotting effort. I think it'll be fun.:D

Thanks for looking.