What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's gonna eat me!

Hello all!!!

I just sent an email to troy (fatboy) in bali, so he knows what I have. hehe
smile.gif
But for all of you that aren't buddies with troy, here are the plants that I call audrey III and audrey IV respectively.

Drum roll please!
lo_T_utriculata_1.jpg

lo_T_utriculata_2.jpg

TADA!!!!!

2 tillandsia utriculata in flower!

Just for refrence, I'm 5 foot 8 inches tall (1.7272 meters). I look a little wierd since I was running though the hills of my grandma's farm looking for plants. And yes, they do weigh alot (as can be seen from my facial expressions)!!

Joel

Joel... I don't even know what do say... Grrrrr....

LOL

ummmm what are you gonna do with em ? hehe
keep one eye open when you go to sleep at night!
T

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ummmm what are you gonna do with em ? hehe
keep one eye open when you go to sleep at night![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I think that I'll try feeding them some of my blood to see if they talk to me!
tounge.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

Joel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mindmaze128 @ July 22 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that I'll try feeding them some of my blood to see if they talk to me!
tounge.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

Joel[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It looks like you've already tried from the little red splatters on the ground.(pic two)

I'm just about to send you a stamped, self addressed envelope Joel so you can just slip one of those beauties in the envelope and post it back to me... he he he

I'll email ya.

Cheers, Troy.

Joel, if I remember aren't/weren't you camera shy? lol.
smile.gif

wow those are gorgeous!!!!

Hehe
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

nep g,

Actually, that isn't me!! That's mindmaze, my alter-ego.

hehe

Joel

and his alter-ego loves the camera!

lol. You're jsut covering up cause you're a bit tarnished.
smile.gif
lol Alter-ego.
smile.gif
If I had an alter-ego.....
biggrin.gif

Yea i just noticed those red splatters? Whats that from maze?

I think that is just water drops on red terra-cota tile.

Shouldn't this be in the Utric forum? Oh, by the way, NICE PLANTS!!! You should pot 'em!

Why would this be in the Utric forum?!

um, lithopsman, these aren't utrics, they're tillandsia, otherwise known as air plants. The species name is utriculata, and they aren't CPs.
smile.gif
My point with the name of the thread is that most tillandsia are small compared to a human, but this one is almost as tall as me.

Joel ©

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I didn't see the tillsandia part, I was over to the other side of the screen...
confused.gif
wink.gif

Are those rather unique in that they grow to be giant or do most Tillandisias get that large. Mine have so much catching up to do. They're 3 inches tall.
tounge.gif

I can't see the pic... grrrr....
tounge.gif

man, I want a tillandsia soooooo bad!!!! you have another one left?
wink.gif

BTW, do you know any place I can buy tillansia that make pups and grow to over 1 ft. in diameter?
biggrin.gif

-Spec

Back