What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spectacular plants as always Jeremiah.

That N. macfarlanei... so gorgeous. The origin? That is the type of N. macfarlanei I would want someday if I ever could get one.

Is that my old N. bicalcarata? (AKA, do you have multiple?) It's looking amazing. :)

Jeremiah,
I'm curious how your making out with the fires out there in CO.?
Looks like the fire would be close to your old greenhouses / parents house? Never visited your new location.
Hope your safe from the fire.

Jeremiah the pics are simPly awesonr. Whst an inspiration you are. Have any tips on the northiana? I have a tc baby about 2' across and its putting on size. Still juvi pitchers. Just wondering if you had anything to add.

The hamata pics are fantastic. I agree with sensory overload.

the burb is gorgeous

I do have a few N. bicalcarata but that is definitely the one you sent me a while back. Thanks again, it is doing really well.

The fire did get pretty close, but most of the damage was done a few miles North of me. I never had to evacuate but streets just a few blocks from me did. I'm not 100% clear yet but things are looking a little better.

-Jeremiah-

I do have a few N. bicalcarata but that is definitely the one you sent me a while back. Thanks again, it is doing really well.

The fire did get pretty close, but most of the damage was done a few miles North of me. I never had to evacuate but streets just a few blocks from me did. I'm not 100% clear yet but things are looking a little better.

-Jeremiah-

I can't wait to see it grow upper pitchers in your care.

I hope your plants are staying cool even with the heat. Stay safe and I definitely have been thinking about your plants with all the stories I've been reading...

Nepenthes Involuntary Bliss NN415
N. aristolochioides x mira
DSC_2026.JPG

DSC_2043.JPG

Nepenthes Troth NN1810451
N. rokko x (veitchii x Tiveyi)
DSC_2057.JPG

Nepenthes Evening Light NN1740483
N. tobaica x Mastersiana
DSC_2076.JPG

Nepenthes Mock Turtle NN3010835
N. alata hybrid
DSC_2084.JPG

N. khasiana
DSC_2091.JPG

Nepenthes ventricosa x gymnamphora
MBNVG0020
DSC_2097.JPG

N. rajah x peltata
DSC_2103-001.JPG

DSC_2111.JPG

DSC_2120.JPG

DSC_2132.JPG

DSC_2137.JPG

DSC_2149.JPG

DSC_1991.JPG

Nepenthes 'Minami'
N. [((northiana x maxima) x maxima) x (mirabilis x (rafflesiana x ampullaria))]
DSC_2161.JPG

N. sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii)
DSC_2185.JPG

N. veitchii x boschiana
DSC_2197.JPG

N. Predator #3 My Darkest Clone
DJNC0024
DSC_2229.JPG

N. Predator #2
MBNC0025
DSC_2232.JPG

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

very nice hybrids Jeremiah! thanks for sharing!
the rajah x peltata is definitely a looker. that being said, there's a female rajah in circulation? i did not know about that--assumed all of them were male.

Yeah I LOVE that leaf insertion on that rajah x peltata. :drool:

Wow! First I wanted to comment on the Troth, then the veitchii x boschiana.. but what stands out to me is the sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii).
I have 5 little plants here. What sort of conditions & media mix do you recommend for them? Yours looks fantastic!

Yeah mine is definitely a female, here is the mama...
2008-1-1_rajah%20(60).jpg

-Jeremiah-

Thanks,

Yeah the younger pitchers on the N. sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii) were horrible looking. They had very little color and no peristome, but now... wow it's looking good and has some size to it.

I'll check but I think mine is in pure LFS, it is in a really small pot and doesn't dry out as fast in pure LFS.
Right now I like to use 1 part each of the following
LFS
Chunky Perlite
Charcoal
Coconut Husk Chips

-Jeremiah-

wow. mad props to you sir! so you grew that thing from a seedling! very nice work indeed!

Thanks,

Yeah here is was upon arrival 2002-9-19
N_%20raj2.jpg

-Jeremiah-

Pretty darn close. Mine are in the same mix except with fir bark chips.
I did have them in the HL GH with lots of light, but they didn't really do much.
They're now basking in the sun and getting no temp differences between day and night, and are really starting to take off.
Do you find they prefer more LL - intermediate conditions?
Also, most definitely lame pitchers when small. Still very green and lacking peristomes..

It seems to like intermediate conditions but it has been growing in very bright light.

-Jeremiah-

Pretty plants, I have to comment again on the rajah x peltata: the color stands out on your hybrid, especially as the overall cherry red covers both leaf and pitcher. I'm hoping when we can work out another visit I'll be able to find it to see in person. Maybe the rajah will be pitchering this time too :D

Wow, I'm super-impressed by the color of the stem on that rajah x peltata. It's beautiful! What does the other side of the leaf look like?

N. bellii x carunculata robusta
DSC_2244-001.JPG

N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis
DSC_2255.JPG

N. Red Princess NN3191130
N. tobaica x campanulata
DSC_2262.JPG

N. clipeata x ventricosa
DSC_2287-001.JPG

N. diatas
DSC_2305.JPG

N. mira