What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaves Looking a Bit Funky.

So, recently, some of my N. inermis x bongso's leaves are getting weird marks/coloring. The lastest leaf doesn't show any sign of discoloration, but it just recently opened and it could possibly happen afterwards. Thoughts? As far as I can see, there are no pests.

DSC03296.jpg

The whitish stuff reminds me of what i got on mine when i misted with tap water a few years back...

/Dan

Take a photo of the underside. Is it brownish where the spotting is and bumpy? You may have to look at one of the older leaves to see if this is the case. The pale spots could be fungal, the reddish brown color harder to say. Could be light could be temperature, could be a pest? Or a combination of them lol

No, the leaves are smooth on the underside.

Yeah, I don't know why I get the white markings on the leaves...I buy distilled water that come in a gallon jug. The only way I could think of that appearing is that when I change my ice bottles in the tank, a few drops get on the leaves from condensation. But the ice bottles are filled with distilled water, though, and they do get little holes sometimes.

Shoot I meant to add that N. inermis x bongso will have dark colored leaves in good light. I would not be concerned with the whitish stuff.. could just be wax from the leaf surface. Did you spray with anything recently? It doesn't look like mineral deposits to me.

What catches my eye are the light colored spots visible on the new leaf as well as the blurry leaf in the background.. looks like fungal leaf spot.. Cercospora perhaps. Can you get some shots of the top and bottom of that leaf?

No, I've never had to spray pesticides or fungicides. Just water here and there, but I haven't sprayed water in a while either. I also should have mentioned that the leaf in the picture is not the new leaf, but an older leaf. The new leaf looks completely normal. The second youngest leaf only has a little bit of the red/brown coloration.

Same leaf as above:
DSC03297.jpg

DSC03298.jpg

DSC03299.jpg

Oldest leaf, or the leaf in the background. It outlasted two others that came after it:
DSC03300.jpg

The leaf that was made before the one I showed in my first post. As you can see, it's a bit worse than the others:
DSC03303.jpg

Second youngest:
DSC03304.jpg

Newest:
DSC03301.jpg

Again, that second newest leaf... looks like dried water to me... I had that exact same patterning on mine until I switched to RO misting them...

Back