What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland Nep giveaway, 3 different plants

Inspired by the Jonesii giveaway, I would like to give away 3 different lowland nepenthes to different people.

The 3 are tomoriana, distillatoria, and hirsuta. They are small, approximately 2 inch leaf span. I have them in a 4-tier greenhouse with CF lighting, high humidity, inside my house.

Post here if you are good at growing nepenthes and don't have these yet. Lowlands are harder for some people than others, so if you think you might kill them, let someone else have them who will have a better chance of keeping them alive. I will pay shipping and all that, and will pick the people I will give these to by Sunday night so I can ship them out Monday. Merry Christmas!

Hi, I love lowlanders! They are my favorite plants, and I have been growing a bical and an amp and they are both doing well. The amp recently activated 5 nodes but the bical is still small and fang-less. I want to grow a N. distillatoria after seeing one recently.

I do have a new lowland terrarium build in progress so i should be able to give it what it needs, in about two weeks, meanwhile I can keep it under a large cloche, with lots of live sphag, it's how I grow my ampullaria x talangensis and its doing great, would love to have the hirsuta, or any of the three would be great.:blush:
I of course under stand there are many members here who are more experienced, so no hard feelings if you go with them.
Thanks for the very generous offer, and Merry Christmas to you as well

Hello, I would be interested especially in the tomoriana, but any of the three would be excellent. I have been growing Nepenthes for over five years, first growing them in terrariums and then upgrading to a small greenhouse as my collection expanded. I have had great success with lowlanders, rafflesiana and bicalcarata especially, but lowland hybrids as well. Check my growlist for complete listing of lowlanders i grow successfully. Thanks for the consideration and generous offer!

Sam

I would like also to receive one of your Nepenthes. I work with this plants over than 30 years and here is very rare this especies. Sorry for my bad english.
Thank you very much.

Inspired by the Jonesii giveaway, I would like to give away 3 different lowland nepenthes to different people.

The 3 are tomoriana, distillatoria, and hirsuta. They are small, approximately 2 inch leaf span. I have them in a 4-tier greenhouse with CF lighting, high humidity, inside my house.

Hi, I am interested in these nepenthes. I have had very good success with lowland nepenthes. My oldest is now over a decade old. I have a large glass terrarium with very good lighting (CF and MH) and have the facilities to properly take care of these plants long term.

Thank you for your offer and generosity. Merry Christmas...

-Hermes.

I should add that this is US only, I can't ship outside of the US. I will contact the people that I pick before Sunday night so that I can get mailing addresses. I don't have time to respond to every single person who is putting their name in the hat, but thank you all for your interest. I hope that if I ship Monday it will arrive by Christmas for you. Thanks!

<s>Add me, add me!!!</s>

~Ahem~ That is, I would like to enter my name into the hat, if it would please you. :angel:

Drats. I just heard this ringing in my ear saying "Don't get those! You know you're horrible with lowlanders!"

Good luck to whoever manages to get these beauties! :)

(Unless these have been growing under lower humidity... because I have only humidity problems for lowlanders. If so, you can put my name into a hat!)

(Unless these have been growing under lower humidity... because I have only humidity problems for lowlanders. If so, you can put my name into a hat!)

Even at 30% RH I am able to grow LL, just give them some time to adjust ;)

Even at 30% RH I am able to grow LL, just give them some time to adjust ;)

Oh, it's much drier than that here... I will wait and hear what conditions these were in.

sigh... if it were summer i would totally have asked to be added in... however, i'll be responsible and acknowlede the freexing teps it would be shipped in. So I say, MAY THE BEST MAN (OR WOMAN) WIN!!

They are in as high of humidity as I can get. I don't have a guage on them, but they are inside my house in a 4-tier mini-greenhouse completely enclosed with plastic and you can see the humidity on the plastic. Temps are high 80s inside there right now.

They are in as high of humidity as I can get. I don't have a guage on them, but they are inside my house in a 4-tier mini-greenhouse completely enclosed with plastic and you can see the humidity on the plastic. Temps are high 80s inside there right now.
Ah, what the heck. I'll give it a try, and if they do badly, I'll give them to someone else! :-O

Enter my name, if you please!

pm'd

I'd love to try growing any of the three. I just set up a 24" X 50" X 18" terrarium that I'm growing Heliamphora in, so I'm sure that I could provide the necessary humidity.

I have suitable conditions for them but....Why must I live so far? Must get them some day.

Thank you for your kind offer. I would like to put my name in for consideration. I have been growing neps for about two years and have had great success growing lowlanders here in Hawaii.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Okay, offer closed. I have contacted those who are getting the plants by PM to get their addresses. I'm so sorry that I couldn't choose everyone. It was hard to pick! If any of you that I didn't contact have any sarracenias to trade, I might can still send some more as a trade. I have some of the more common sars though. I don't have a grow list for those yet, I need to get one soon.

Mine came today! Might I just say that it came perfectly unscathed and that even after a couple of hours is growing fine next to my highlanders. Thanks!~

Back