What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malesiana tropicals order Jan 2006

...your order. I will probably schedule this order to arrive after CNY so that you can (dare I say it), blow all of your hongbao $$$ on Nepenthes (or any of the other plants they are selling there - gingers, aroids, alocasias...).

Here is the layout in your email to me:

Plant. Price. Code. Quantity.
e.g. N. rafflesiana (Sandakan) $5 NE-25L 3

That way, I don't have to dig through the ginger/alocasia/aroid section to find the price/code of whatever you are buying. U can leave the quantity blank if just ordering one.

Am I forgetting anything? this will probably be a small(er) order than the huge one a few months back. If there are any Nepenthes/plants you want (or may want by that time), here is your chance to get it!

Jason

Pmed you, Jason. Thanks.
smile.gif

Hi Jason,
sent you a pm.

Thanks
smile_m_32.gif

What is this for? And do I want to get in on it? Please feel free to blugeon me if it's something obvious
smile_n_32.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BASH!!! BASH!!!</span></span> (to Jason)

LLGG, you need to become a person living in Singapore...  
smile_m_32.gif
 Jason should have stated that it's for Singaporeans only.

Oops, hehe. We singaporeans have sort of created a micro-community in the foreign carnivorous plants resources board. But I will say next time.
smile_m_32.gif

LLGG, we'll just have to make are own group order and not include them. Or we could just talk about how well our Pinguicula grow here.

Holy cow, you all should atleast order 1 or 2

N. ventricosa (black peristome)
Product Code: NE-33
In Stock
$1.50

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Jan. 11 2006,10:13)]LLGG, we'll just have to make are own group order and not include them. Or we could just talk about how well our Pinguicula grow here.
Sounds good on both accounts!
smile_n_32.gif

isn't N. ventricosa (black peristome) highland? i might just try it in lowland conditions because its dirt cheap
smile.gif

Actually, ventricosa doesn't do that well here, although some people say it is the easiest highlander. Singapore is as lowland as lowland can be...
smile_n_32.gif

Does N. campanulata do well in Singapore?

Heck yes...just that it is slow as anything. I don't think some ppl (e.g. Cindy) has had very good experiences w/ it (main shoot died or something like that), but it is definetely a lowlander.

Hmm... I'm wondering whether to get it. I mean, it is more expensive than the rest but at the same time, it is a "rare species"! Jason, when are you finalising orders for Malesiana, ie. when is the latest I can finalise my list?
smile_m_32.gif

Order will close next Saturday, the 21st. Long time to ponder (one of the most exciting parts)...
smile_m_32.gif

Wrong...N. ventricosa (black peristome) does well for me. Pitcher on every leaf and now it has a basal shoot.
smile_n_32.gif

Wrong...N. campanulata does well for me too. It suffered a setback because it flowered at too tender an age. Now it's back on track and I'm sure it would do well once again.
cool.gif

That is intriguing. Cindy how big are the pitchers/leaves on the ventricosa, and are they increasing in size? Maybe I should put mine next to the window, since it is quite cool now, with the rain and all...the rain.

The N. ventricosa plant is 11" across and the largest pitchers are 3". It did better during the hotter months when there was more light. The pitchers now are paler in colour. There is no great issue about humidity for us. I have been monitoring and researching about humidity. >50% is considered high.  
smile.gif
 So I feel for highlanders, it's more light that really helps for us where the temperature can't go really low.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Jan. 11 2006,10:44)]<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BASH!!! BASH!!!</span></span> (to Jason)

LLGG, you need to become a person living in Singapore...  
smile_m_32.gif
 Jason should have stated that it's for Singaporeans only.
I have a friend that resides in Malayasia and is struggling to find a CP supplier such as Malesiana. does anyone know of one?

Also, does anyone know how to contact Kamil Pasek?

Back