What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible, because it's winter. Not enough light = no new pitchers for me.

Wonderful update Zu,

the magic patio lives :)

Zu, obviously your definition of "terrible" differs greatly from mine.

Beautiful as always; but I wouldn't turn my back on a few of those plants . . .

Wonderful update Zu,

the magic patio lives :)

Zu, obviously your definition of "terrible" differs greatly from mine.

Beautiful as always; but I wouldn't turn my back on a few of those plants . . .

Ah, you haven't completely disappeared either!

Thanks, and you know that sibu x tm thinks you look tasty :0o: Hey should I drive up there for a dive? What's the water temp like?

A small update - The N.boschiana x campanulata was slumping because it's just such a stocky, beefy plant, so it was time for a re-adjust/stake
-=before=-

-=after=-

and its one pitcher

The N.robcantleyii made a huge leaf

And I fished out the N.campy x max

S.umlauftiana flower

N.dubia

This N.inermis

..turned into this :)

The bosch x campy pitcher is wonderfully shaped!

Nice plants!

Can i ask you what is the relative humidity around your neps collection?

I love the inermis! It fits so nicely with the jamban behind it. And those robcantleyii leaves remind me of truncata leaves.

Nice plants!

Can i ask you what is the relative humidity around your neps collection?

Whatever it is in San Diego. Sometimes it's 10%, sometimes it's 90%. Their leaves and pitchers are pretty hard.

I love the inermis! It fits so nicely with the jamban behind it. And those robcantleyii leaves remind me of truncata leaves.

N.rob used to be called truncata black, or royal truncata, but there was a re-name because it was found to be sufficiently different to warrant a separate species listing. There are toooonnnns of colourful debates about it if you search the archives of various plant fora for posts about a year or two ago now.

LOL! Your finger nails are way too clean!

very nice and that is one hell of a leaf size jump on the robc

Right?! It's cuz I've been diving. Cleans all the peatmoss and perlite chunks right out :-D

I've been told her driving is a Slavic version of Dukes of Hazard meets Mad Max meets Penelope Pitstop

:)

very nice looking plants Zu, it's good to see ya posting updates :)

Wow Thez_yo great assortment of plants, amazed you're able to get away with villosa/macro/aristo at balcony level, encouraging to say the least!

I've been told her driving is a Slavic version of Dukes of Hazard meets Mad Max meets Penelope Pitstop

:)

very nice looking plants Zu, it's good to see ya posting updates :)

Reluctantly.. a good solid year of neglect (imho) after the back and hand surgeries, and right after winter, they all look like pothos vines lol

Wow Thez_yo great assortment of plants, amazed you're able to get away with villosa/macro/aristo at balcony level, encouraging to say the least!

CPs are hardier than people give them credit for. I took NepenthesAroundTheHouse as my role-model and ran with it.

Back