What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muluensis x Lowii slow death...

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone, my Muluensis x lowii was doing beautiful, even pitchering up until june, ever since then its been downhill, here are pics, any ideas whats happening?

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

:cry: He was a brave, brave soul.

Slow growing plants also die slowly, it seems :(

sorry to hear this...
Mine is finally picking up and growing o.o

hmmm!! I would associate it either with heat or fungus or perhaps both.

Yeah, it looks like your plant is rotting.

i see someone deleted my photo, but what i was trying to say is mine looked like that after a mite attack, but it came back....maybe not quite that bad, but for awhile it did nothing and looked almost completely dead...hope it produces a basal or something for you...

thats exactly what mine did. newest and oldest leaves are dead and the middle leaves are at least semi ok. i dont know what killed mine but it went the way yours did =[

Alex

i see someone deleted my photo

That was me; and sorry I didn't get a chance to pm you about it; my dog started chewing up the world and I totally forgot.

but what i was trying to say is mine looked like that after a mite attack, but it came back....maybe not quite that bad, but for awhile it did nothing and looked almost completely dead...hope it produces a basal or something for you...

The reason I deleted the post was because it did not contribute to the discussion on helping carnivore diagnose his problem and was just a "here is my plant" picture post.

Carnivore - it's pretty serious, I would certainly isolate the plant from the others. I can't remember exactly, but I think something similar was diagnosed as a fungus a while back. I think I remember Tony talking in depth about it a while back on someone else's plant.

xvart.

It has happened to me before on the same plant xvart, sorry i wasnt more detailed on that....
I dont think his plant is past the point of recovery, but its definitely getting there.
Basal production anyway, i think the growth tip is toast....or a node further down the vine, looks like the black death....
Edit:
looking at the tip some more, it looks like it could pull back, id definitely ask Tony P about this one.

Oh noooo!! Is it the dreaded black death??? it doesn't look like it to me... hmmm I remember I diagnosed DrWurms plant with Black death, i should look at mine again.

Also this nep is the only one in Live sphagnum.

i wouldnt say its black death, just looks kinda like it, i guess after looking at it it, not all of the leaves have blackened off up to the growth tip
but i do think you have some sort of root rot issue. what is your media

The Basals also died, its pure live sphagnum... I think you're right too much water...

pure live sphagnum works great for some people
how is your air circulation
and i would try something a little more airy and better draining...

Back