What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My D. capensis

Just posting a few quick piccies of my D. capensis.

Heres how it started, costs £3.99 from B&Q in the UK (DIY chain)

When I first bought it

It grew really quickly and looked pretty cool on this cold, frosty day by the windowsill...

A couple of months on but a lot bigger

And how it looks today...still growing like a train, there appear to be around 6 large 'shoots' in the pot from what the leaves grow from...this is about 4-5 months since the first picture
smile.gif
 Im a total novice and Im impressed how the sundew grew, try one
smile.gif

New picture

WOW! that's one big pot of capensis! Looks like it could use a transplant into a bigger pot.
I can see a Sarracenia purpurea and a Nepenthes in the pic also
biggrin.gif

Yes, I think Ill transplant it into a bigger pot soon, would something like a 4-5 inch diameter one be ok, or larger??

You were pretty eagle eyed to spot the nep on the edge of the pic. That is growing rapidly but is producing no pitchers.
sad.gif
Something to do with the weather?

I think nothing is wrong with your Nepenthes, I got one from a local garden store, and it just prodused pitcher buds for about 3 months, but you might want to mist it whenever possible, and it should pitcher.
actually, you have at least 5 capensis's in that pot, so you might want to divide them and trnasplant each one into a 4-5 inch pot, or leave it in a clump, and put it in a 8 -10 inch pot

jeez spec, what do you do, look at the screen with a magnifying glass?j/k, that is one big capensis!

I've found my nep pitures faster in partial sunlight. It's weird, but I had to move it for a few weeks, and it was like BANG starts 2 new ones, lol.

WOW!! That is a bad hair day!
wink.gif
That is a beutiful capensis...that is how mine is a little...not as thick.
wow.gif

travis

Back