What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new Nepenthes Edwardsiana

wow...im sure your having a field day looking at it haha. congrats!

wow...im sure your having a field day looking at it haha. congrats!

LOL. Yes indeed. Its also still looking good and holding up well since I received it earlier in the day today.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I can't wait 'till it grows up. Then, I'll dig through and find this thread. Man, that would be hilarious!

LOL, I'll be in my late 30's by then :-)) . I'm 23 right now :D

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

It's so ADORABLE!!!
And I'm quite jealous.
I'm sure it'll do great for you =)

Thanks Liz. I agree its quite the cutie. Its cute while its young, but when it matures, it'll get quite the teeth:D

Be careful with that. You could sneeze and blow the plant away.

**** man!!! that is small...but looks healthy. :) Congratulations. :)

Obviously, Mike, you understand that we want photo updates of how it grows up... :D :-O

Congrats for getting it! Wow! :)

Hi Mike,

Congrats on the newest addition to your Nep family...a brand new, bouncing, baby eddie.

I hope it thrives for you in it's new home and that you are able to watch it as it starts to put out some of those amazing teeth that this species is known for.

Oh and before I forget, I just wanted to say "Welcome to the Eddie Club!"

dvg

Hi Mike,

Congrats on the newest addition to your Nep family...a brand new, bouncing, baby eddie.

I hope it thrives for you in it's new home and that you are able to watch it as it starts to put out some of those amazing teeth that this species is known for.

Oh and before I forget, I just wanted to say "Welcome to the Eddie Club!"

dvg

Thanks Doug. I hope it does well for me to. The Eddie club is very fun indeed :D

Hows your Eddie doing? I hope its growing well for you.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Obviously, Mike, you understand that we want photo updates of how it grows up... :D :-O

Congrats for getting it! Wow! :)
Thanks. I will definitely keep everyone updated with new photos monthly of this plant and its progress.

Thanks. I will definitely keep everyone updated with new photos monthly of this plant and its progress.

Chime in every now and then with your monthly bragging session? Please DO!! I don't know what I do with myself without your awesome plants giving me motivation everyday. :hail:

Bite me! :mad:

J/K that's great man, the #1 plant on my list. I'm jealous for sure. I bought my old macrophylla years ago when it was still called "N. edwardsiana var. macrophylla". It was the closest thing to getting an eddie that was possible in 2000 or so.

How long ago did you reserve it? I'm on the list but who knows when my number will come up.

Bite me! :mad:

J/K that's great man, the #1 plant on my list. I'm jealous for sure. I bought my old macrophylla years ago when it was still called "N. edwardsiana var. macrophylla". It was the closest thing to getting an Eddie that was possible in 2000 or so.

How long ago did you reserve it? I'm on the list but who knows when my number will come up.

So someone likes being bitten, LOL. :-)) J/K.

I reserved this Eddie several months ago I believe. Not sure exactly how many months ago. So far it seems to be holding up well. I hope it continues to do well for me.

How soon did you reserve an Eddie with him after the first batch of Eddies were released> Hopefully you can obtain one soon sometime this year.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Chime in every now and then with your monthly bragging session? Please DO!! I don't know what I do with myself without your awesome plants giving me motivation everyday. :hail:

Will do. I'll take some new pics of this Eddie as soon as this new leaf opens on it. I cant wait for it to reach several inches in diameter with beautiful toothy pitchers.

Hopefully you can obtain one soon sometime this year.
I reserved it a day or two after it was announced but that's what he said when I reserved it, so I'm not too hopeful it will be this year! LOL

I will enjoy it vicariously through your pics for now.

I reserved it a day or two after it was announced but that's what he said when I reserved it, so I'm not too hopeful it will be this year! LOL

I will enjoy it vicariously through your pics for now.

LOL, I kinda kept bugging him so to speak. I think he just decided to put me towards the top of his list. :-))

Its officially dead now

b-91.jpg

a-99.jpg

shame....a real shame.... :(
a moment of silence...................
yeah, i hope you can work something out with Wistuba. dang. i dont even know what to say.

:cry:

I need to go eat some chocolate and console myself now..

While it looks bad, I've had similar plants recover and start growing out of a new growth point. Time for some drastic measures - fungicide, a drier mix, cooler temps?

Any idea what may have caused this?

While it looks bad, I've had similar plants recover and start growing out of a new growth point. Time for some drastic measures - fungicide, a drier mix, cooler temps?

Any idea what may have caused this?

I think it was the heat and shipment shock that killed it.

yeah pretty sure its shipment shock for that tiny eddy. comparing the pic taken when nep101 first received it and the pic posted up today. from july 12 to today is 20 days, there isn;t any growth to the eddy at all. You have done your best for the little guy nep101 :cry:

Hi Mike,

Hang in there with the little guy.

I've seen black tipped Neps, send up new growth points to compensate for a dying blackened central growth point.

Good luck to you with getting it growing again.

dvg

Back