What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

My vft ate a frog

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Aug. 09 2004,6:20)]He will not have the guts to do that again.
smile_n_32.gif
lol!
laugh.gif

I can't believe the VFT digested the entire frog, leaving not a single trace of flesh. Mine has problem dealing with flies, ironic to the fact that's it suppose to be a flytrap eh...I still imagine the frog the frog to be half digested, rotting and slimey, plus giving off a smell that stank to high heaven.

Ok the guppy idea is just digusting, how could you feed your pets to your, well, your other pets? Poor fishies...
confused.gif
If you want to get rid of your fast breeding pets in that manner you might as well feed the VFTs bunnies. Oops shouldn't have said that...
biggrin.gif

Jason

Seriously let them go or something, feeding them to VFTs is quite saddistic. Not saying its unorthodox, but still...(I'm the dude who would 'gasp' - I used to keep guppies as pets b4 the neighbour's cat ate them all. Now cats, those make a hearty meal...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Wow...how about that! That must have been one tiny little frog. Poor little thing...

I wonder how long it was in the trap for it be reduced down to a skeleton.

Interesting photos, Bob.
smile.gif

poor kermie....

I saw a small video clip on an "Encarta Encyclopedia" computer program once of a VFT closing on a frog....course the whole thing was prolly staged to show it closing, but still....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Aug. 13 2004,11:04)]Seriously let them go or something, feeding them to VFTs is quite saddistic. Not saying its unorthodox, but still...(I'm the dude who would 'gasp' - I used to keep guppies as pets b4 the neighbour's cat ate them all. Now cats, those make a hearty meal...
You mean let the guppies go? Thats definelty not a good idea. I should say throwing guppies into the local ditch is quite sadistic
smile_l_32.gif
for many reasons.

Well, Now that I'm running low on bugs I think I will try a small guppy.

Sorry to be a grumpy gus, but this is a little hard to believe. Anybosy else? The trap in the first picture looks hardly affected...after eating a frog almost larger than itself (look at the frog's length, and imagine the skeleton fleshed out!)
confused.gif
And to believe that something as strong as a frog could not simply break out of the trap! LoL!!!

There was an earwig that got into one of my VFT traps and wiggled out, only to fall into another one. The second one closed on it and kept it with only the rear pinchers slightly sticking out.

Wouldn't ya know it. It's been over a week now and the dern trap's rotting.

A small beetle (the size of a ladybug) got trapped in another one and the trap opened up seve days later. But, the bug didn't look digested at all. I'm wondering if it just drowned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 07 2004,4:05)]so part of it's legs was outside? why didn't it rot?
Maybe there was a chance that with how small the frog was the legs dried out before rotting and maybe his traps are just that durable. I've had flytraps eat huge crickets with legs sticking out without rotting.