What's new

Myles' highland tank

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Ahh, and the LL aficionados expectations are crsuhed. Welcome to the big leagues, they aren't called highlanders for nothing :p

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
What are those humidifiers you are using? Also, what did you make the basin out of that hold the water below your plants? Everything looks great by the way. As those grow..you're going to have a jungle in there.

Last edited:
What are those humidifiers you are using? Also, what did you make the basin out of that hold the water below your plants? Everything looks great by the way. As those grow..you're going to have a jungle in there.

i use two reptifoggers hooked up ot a hygrometer control set to 80% as well as haviing a tray of water with airstones bubbling in it which helps keep moisture in the air.

the table is made of a petroleum based building material that will never rot. i forget the brand name atm but it is about 80 dollars for a sheet the size of a plywood sheet. not cheap but will last a lifetime!

thanks for lookin :)

Diggin the peristome on the izumeae, nice and toothy... Good coloration too on the pitchers. It's cool too see the huge difference between pigmentation on the newly developed and older pitcher.

thanks guys :) i think ill take some time to show off one plant at a time in here between updates. if only i was a decent photographer i could do them true justice :p

haha yeah i put a chunk of change into the lights but is definitely worth it with the colors i am getting on the pings and neps. :)

Nice to see someone else post pics of their N. spathulata X hamata. I suspect that is going to be a really great hybrid when it matures.

thanks, i am very happy with all of the hamata hybrids so far but the spath x hamata seems to be winning the pitcher to leaf size ratio by quite a bit. This makes me very happy :)

i noticed your tags and i know the nursery do live near it i am 2.5 hours away i only go when Necps meets there is that where you got your jamban i love that jamban
where do you get those pots

i got my jamban from tony. my pots are all ordered online. PM me if you want to know exact sites