What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bicalcarata

Has anyone tried to grow a bical. outdoors especially in Florida? I imagine you could for half the year during the warm, humid summer months. For the fall and winter I imagine you'd have to move it indoors or to a greenhouse.

Chris

Bicalcarata is very sensitive to changes in humidity and temperature as far as I can tell. A huge drop in humidity or temperatur may kill your plant. Or at least chock it for a long time.

I think I have deffinately heard of bicals being grown outside in florida. Just protect it from strong sun. Your climate should be perfect for them.

Thanks for the great info Rubra! Would you suggest that I get a big 20 gallon tank for the one you're sending me?

I saw several bicals yesterday at the nepenthes' place here in california. ( can I post the name?) couple regular, and a couple orange flush. Man they were cute. I almost got one but, I just don't have the room for that plant. My last one was easily 5' across, and outgrew everything I could find to grow it in short of a greenhouse. So I did not buy one... sigh..
Just as a side note.. they also had several N. platychila for those interested..

Hey Robin,

Platychila isn't that hard to find.....it's just hard to afford. Lol.

rhist, are you taslking about Peter? If it's somewhere else, please tell me where
biggrin.gif
! Always lookin for new cp resources in CA.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Dec. 30 2005,3:14)]rhist, are you taslking about Peter?  If it's somewhere else, please tell me where
biggrin.gif
!  Always lookin for new cp resources in CA.
You know the rules.

You know, mods try to be nice. But you push us to the limit. Technically, you know Nathaniel, you are banned from here. Be grateful we gave you another chance, we're so mean and vengeful aren't we?

I meant the rule is getting rediculous, not you. And please, haha, don't threaten me. Just don't
cool.gif

Perfectly said Dustin. I say that this is just another example of why second chances should not be given.

I agree, We take this forum for granted. Phil foots the bill so we can promote this wonderful hobby. The least we can do is respect that he is running a business and not infringe upon the few rules he lays down. And if you must use PM's.

Zac

We know the rules. If you are confused on what we are talking about go back and read them, they are Here They really are simple. What are the main ones??
Have fun
Remember kids visit this site
Remember this site is ran by a company so be courteous
Have fun
There are others but that's the main stuff... I don't think it's too hard to do or remember...
Thanks
Andrew

Oh, and lol.... just don't.
confused.gif

Didn't mean to start any trouble here guys... sorry bout that Dustin.

RL, no worries. Thanks for understanding! That is a major part of getting along around here
smile_m_32.gif

Later!
Andrew

On a much lighter note:

Should I keep my new N. bicalcarata in a very high humidity environment? If so, what percentage? Can they adapt to lower humidity?

LOL, since you do not seem to understand the rule, let's just say any sellers of CP other than TF on this forum is not allowed. You CAN exchange information through PM's to each other privately, not breaking any rules, and still accomplish what you want to know or do. I ask you up front to please not push that rule, and keep on keepin' on with the rest of us. Freely use your PM button to exchange any ideas you want to, but stay within the boundaries of TerraForums rules. It isn't that tough.

(BTW, It's ridiculous, not rediculous. Thanx!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](BTW, Its ridiculous, not rediculous. Thanx!)

By the way, I think you meant "it's" not "its"......"its" is the possesive....Thanx!

KABOOM!

**Schloaty ducks for cover**

Re-edited.....you, you, you......I'll get back to you!
mad.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Back