What's new

Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

I hate that I lost the plant I had of this cross...every single clone I've ever seen is amazing!!
And of course my spectabilis refuses to flower thus far so I can't make the cross myself...

I hate that I lost the plant I had of this cross...every single clone I've ever seen is amazing!!
And of course my spectabilis refuses to flower thus far so I can't make the cross myself...

Its not a shabby hybrid, that's for sure. If color is your thing, this is a fine Nepenthes!

PS: Hawken, there's an envelope full of seeds on its way to you, so watch your mailbox!

*charlie suddenly surfs the internet to find a N. lowii about that size

Lol
Love the trusmadiensis!

Thank you Charlie! Its an amazing plant, for sure :-O
How is the Briggsiana cutting doing? It may take three months to root, so be patient and DON'T disturb the base of the cutting! (no peeking to see if its making roots; DO NOT pull it from the media to check, please!)

Its not a shabby hybrid, that's for sure. If color is your thing, this is a fine Nepenthes!

PS: Hawken, there's an envelope full of seeds on its way to you, so watch your mailbox!

Either color or serious teeth are my thing, especially if it's dark colors and STRIPES!! :D
You are very generous, I'll keep an eye out!

N. glandulifera X (eymae X veitchii):

img_0886.jpg

But.. Charlie don't surf.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T1lc4rqh7ZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Lol!

@Whimgrinder It is doing great and is (in the process) of producing it's first real leaf! Thanks again!

DSC_00014.jpg

Nepenthes (lowii x spectabilis) x talangensis
DSC_00021.jpg

Nepenthes briggsiana "red"
DSC_00031.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Thanks!!!
DSC_00062.jpg

Random seedlings (some from whim grinder)
DSC_0005.jpg

Maybe one day… How big is your trusmadiensis anyway?

Last edited:
@charlie: that is significant progress on the Briggsiana cutting! I'm impressed. My original cutting too three months to start growing.

N. fusca, uppers:
fusca-aug28-15.jpg

N. hamata, Wistuba #3:
hamataw3-aug28-15.jpg

N. spectabilis, male - a seed-grown plant.
spectabilis-aug28-15.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone who says that N. fusca is just a poor man's N. maxima can go whack themselves upside the head. It really is a lovely plant, it has a certain daintiness and elegance that the bold and gaudy N. maxima seems to lack. I'm starting to see thinner and strappier lids on my fusca's lowers, perhaps it's a precursor to the odd lids on the uppers...

What locality is that from, Paul?

Everyone who says that N. fusca is just a poor man's N. maxima can go whack themselves upside the head. It really is a lovely plant, it has a certain daintiness and elegance that the bold and gaudy N. maxima seems to lack. I'm starting to see thinner and strappier lids on my fusca's lowers, perhaps it's a precursor to the odd lids on the uppers...

What locality is that from, Paul?

A poor man's maxima?! Hardly!
You'd have to ask Jeremiah where it came from. I never bothered to ask for provenance info, sorry.

Last edited: