What's new

Nepenthes & Utricularia ID

One of my clients has this massive N. Sanguinea (what I presume it to be) and he offered for me to take some cuttings if I wanted. I just wanted to double check my assumption and if the growth point in the second picture would be a good place to cut? And lastly what kind of U. is in the pot with this Venusta?

Thanks,
Justin

(Sorry about them being flipped, won't let me turn them)
dethsj.jpg

sccsv9.jpg

2z8nfqd.jpg

The Nepenthes is not N. sanguinea, it looks like the common hybrid N. 'Miranda' to me. If it's not, it's definitely some sort of N. maxima cross at least.

The Nepenthes is possibly N. Gentle, or some permutation of a N. maxima hybrid. It is most definitely not N. sanguinea.
Cuttings should include at least two complete leaves, in my experience, for good results.

The Nepenthes is 'Miranda', pitcher is too thick for 'Gentle' from what I've seen and it matches what I've had from my specimen in the past. I will agree on the Utric probably being bisquamata, what little I can see of flowers matches.

Thanks for the help guys, so I should leave that growth point and just cut from a different spot with 3 nodes? What a shame that the U. is bisquamata, after some research I guess it's considered a weed in the collection. Still might pick some up...

What a shame that the U. is bisquamata, after some research I guess it's considered a weed in the collection. Still might pick some up...

It's neither a shame nor a weed if you like it. To be a weed it has to be unwanted.