What's new

Nepenthes villosa refridgerateyology

thez_yo

instigator
I've recently decided to fridge my N.villosa over night apropos of nothing. In its new habitat (clickety for bigger!):

mato

BANNED
Won't it get pretty dry in there, Thez? I think I'd try bagging it up.. but hey, if it's used to low humidity then I guess it won't hurt.

uphwiz

jimmy
sounds like a great idea, not sure how it will take to being moved though , most times when i move any neps ,say more than 8 or 10 inches they seem to slow down, but that may that they are so close to being in the wrong environment any change shocks them ,
keep up us up on the idea , i want villosa in my collection too.:-D

What made you decide to take such extreme measures? Was it suffering and not growing at all for a while before? Or were you just bored and thought it might work?

Thagirion

Budgies are best
You talking to me Heli? That's just a tray to keep the moss from making a mess of my fridge. There's no water in it.
I have a plant and bird sitter.

Heli

villosaholic
Naw I was talking to thez because I said she should try this a couple days ago.

All hail the wisdom of refridgerateyology; that, and succumbing to peer pressure, which -- I cannot confirm or deny -- may have involved the threatened use of stabbity objects. Here's a pot of seedlings, along with some of the crapola in my refrigideezer -- just because it's simply not cold enough in San Francisco . . .

Still-life with Adult Beverages . . . and Capers
FRIDGINOMS.jpg

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Maybe I should try the oven for low-landers, a pan of water on the lower rack can provide humidity.

lance

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder
LOL nice way to cool those villosa younglings BB... good thing it gets in the low 50's here even before a hot day... now all I need is a villosa.

Maybe I should try the oven for low-landers, a pan of water on the lower rack can provide humidity.

Yeah, Waren, a bain-marie could help out your low-landers; and you could bake some awfully tasty desserts in that water bath as well.

That man is always thinking . . .

thez_yo

instigator
How cold does it get in there?

I have no idea. The lettuce isn't brown so I'd say somewhere between 33*F and 50*F :lol:

so how do you go away for more than a day using this system lol.

Aliens.

All hail the wisdom of refridgerateyology; that, and succumbing to peer pressure, which -- I cannot confirm or deny -- may have involved the threatened use of stabbity objects. Here's a pot of seedlings, along with some of the crapola in my refrigideezer -- just because it's simply not cold enough in San Francisco . . .

I particularly like the name of your image :-D You keep your yeast in the fridgey? Mine's in the freezer just to make sure it doesn't do anything shifty.

That is quite possibly the most brilliant idea I've ever heard - all hail the genuis that is All_the_Numbers :hail: