What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW CAMERA! Canon 7D.. loads of test pics ahoy!

Why is it you are not making a pretty decent living with your photography? Hell, I'd hire you if I was working for Nat Geo.

A camera is only as good as the person using it. There is a lot more to it than just point and cliick. I have seen many with very expensive cameras whose pictures look no better than mine. I will be forever envious of your eye for photography. Great job.

:blush: thanks DJ.. I've had a couple paid gigs, but the photography world is a harsh one.. very competitive and cutthroat. I did look into going to the Seattle Art Institute for photography... Had an interview, they were super impressed with my portfolio and recommended various programs.. I just couldnt afford it.. *sigh* so its just a hobby..

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Very impressive Brie!
I would think you would have no trouble selling some of your great photos. Have you looked into the "2012 Photographers Market"? I can already see an all CP calender at my local Fred Meyer full of your wonderful photo's!
BTW...would you be interested in selling some blow-ups to "friends"?:blush:

thanks :) No, I havent heard of the photographers market... i'll look into it. :)

I could probably put something together via DeviantArt where you could purchase prints.. I'll let ya know if I can get that going. :)

Sweet! I love that P. reticulata

One of those capensis giants has flowered already?!

Sweet! I love that P. reticulata

One of those capensis giants has flowered already?!

Have 3 flowering now :) Will have lots of seed to give away...

Back