What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cuttings

Hi guys.....Well im kinda and sick/not well soo i have nothing to do at home...Just to waste some time i decided to try and cut some of my neps and try to make cuttings out of them..So far i've not been lucky with the cuttings except 1 ventrata so now im trying again....I have a big pot filled with peat/perlite so my as well just use it instead of leave there..

I cut of 4 vines....They are gracilis/viking and 2 ventratas...I'm really worried bout the gracilis cos its stem is SUPER THIN!!!???

Here are some pics of them
RIMG2470.jpg

Chop..
RIMG2471.jpg

Loads of unused peat/perlite
RIMG2472.jpg

Them in they're brand new peat home
RIMG2473.jpg

Ken

Hope it turns out well! I havent tried cuttings yet...
i have a question... do you cut only the top(green) of the stem, or can you do a cutting with the brown on the bottom area?

I have pretty good success with Nep cuttings in a vase of water.

Hope it turns out well! I havent tried cuttings yet...
i have a question... do you cut only the top(green) of the stem, or can you do a cutting with the brown on the bottom area?

Generally, cuttings take more often when using green parts. The brown parts are harder to get to strike.

Back