What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(PAID) (tjwilt $21) Wild Dewberry Vines (Rubus flagellaris)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction are (at least) 3 Wild Dewberry Vines (Rubus flagellaris). I'll add more if there's room in the box.

A couple years ago, I found these growing wild in my beds (and in the abandoned lot next door). I cleared them out of my beds and potted them up! Their fruit is delicious with a sweet and "red wine like" taste that is quite pleasurable. It is different from what you'll find in the store and it will leave you wanting more!

The plant is low growing and has sprawling vines (unlike most blackberries and raspberries that form canes). They have thorns, so wear gloves when dealing with them. In Spring (here in Zone 8b) they produce lovely white flowers that attract pollinators. The berries start out green, turn red, then dark purple when ripe. They don't seem to be picky about soil, but they don't like it soggy, seem to be drought tolerant. They were found (and still are) growing in dappled shade and will form a ground cover if left to their own devices. I'll dig up 3 small vines from the vacant lot next door. If there is room in the box, I'll add more!

Here are example photos of the berries and vine (not my photos).

640px-Rubus_flagellaris_UGA1120430.jpg

rubus-flagellaris-ha-ahaines-c.jpg

Shipping is $9 for the USA.

PM with any questions!

Opening Bid $5

$10

Last edited:
$15

This item has been paid, please arrange shipping

PM sent.

Shipped!

Received and in great shape! Thanks so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back