What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PICS: New Ceph

Finally got one with some adult pitchers.

100_2990.jpg

100_2988.jpg

100_2986.jpg

100_2989.jpg

Took 9 leaf cuttings, though I definately could've taken more..

100_2984.jpg

id keep the main plant a little more on the dry said than what your keeping it now......

I've had it a day, that's just how it arrived.

Yeah, I'd agree with Kris. I have all mine in a peat/sand mix. That almost looks pure peat. The sand just helps it from getting to wet for the Cephs liking. Just an FYI. I like the look the gravel give though, I'll have to look into doing that in the future. Keep us updated on the Ceph pullings. That is one I still have not gotten to work yet. :headwall:

Yeah, I'd agree with Kris. I have all mine in a peat/sand mix.

That's what I have my other one planted in.. Like I said, this is just how it came. But he must be doing something right.. Darn thing has a ton of leaves and looks healthy as all hell.

Yeah, it looks great! Could be the soil is just old and has broken down some. The soil mix really depends on your growing enviroment. If he was growing that on a window sill then the peaty mix was probably good. I have mine growing with my Neps so a more dry soil works for me.

That's what I have my other one planted in.. Like I said, this is just how it came. But he must be doing something right.. Darn thing has a ton of leaves and looks healthy as all hell.

good luck on the leaf pullings!

Nice!

How's the one I sent pulling along?

:thumbdown:.. not good. It's next to dead. Unless it's normal for each and every pitcher to shrivel and die.

What!? When did that happen?

Is the whole plant brown or did the pitchers just shrivel up?

And did you acclimate it like I told you?

What!? When did that happen?

Is the whole plant brown or did the pitchers just shrivel up?

And did you acclimate it like I told you?

Almost all the pitchers are brown. A couple are still pinkish, but they are on their way out. I did everything I could for it.. At least I have the new Ceph and tons of leaf cuttings to take it's place.

Almost all the pitchers are brown. A couple are still pinkish, but they are on their way out. I did everything I could for it.. At least I have the new Ceph and tons of leaf cuttings to take it's place.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it'll grow back from the roots.

If I can get a good division out of my older ceph I'll be sure to send it to you.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it'll grow back from the roots.

If I can get a good division out of my older ceph I'll be sure to send it to you.

sure sure.. that's what they all say. :poke:

I'm just messin' with ya..

Back