What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher lids...

• Thread starter Mannannan
  • Start date
Hi all!

Quick question: Is it at all possible to rehydrate dried out pitcher lids? Reason is, I found a 'S. Arnoldii' for $2 with ALL lids dried out (even on the juves)

You think it'd be worth a try?

/Quensel

Hi mannannan!
Some people suggested to me yesterday to fill up the pitchers 1/3 to1/2 the way up with de-ionised or rainwater. They said that this will re-hydrate the pitchers(so it might re-hydrate the lids asswell) The plant they suggested this for(and also my birthday present) was N.maxima.
Best wishes.
Dino

Whoops the advice for the lids above is mainly for Nepenthes. Now I feel kinda retarded. I will prrobbably work for S.purapurea though.

I think it's worth it. I wouldn't worry about the lids, though. I'd be more concerned if the plant looks to be alive and healthy. Give it some sun and water, trim off the dried up lids, and it should send up new pitchers that will look good.

Back