What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month July 2012

Yeaaah I guess Ron makes the valid point that maybe I should enforce the rules :p

So six months it is with sympathy that yeah, the plant is still a few weeks from ripe, SK, but doesn't make it any less monster of a pitcher. The likelihood of it dying in the next two weeks is low so just enter next month..

N. veitchii x lowii

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

Dude... your v x l kills mine.

This is a Maxima hybrid, though I don't know the parents and sadly the seller (Gert the awesome nep vendor) didn't know either.

01maksima.jpg

02maksima.jpg

04maxima.jpg

Looks like it might actually be a pure form of maxima. The mottling and peristome/lids appendages are correct.

my thoughts exactly.

Well might as well try anyway

I have had this plant for quite sometime now...

Upper trap on my female N. spectabilis from Gunung Sinabung
33db5473.jpg

Looks like it might actually be a pure form of maxima. The mottling and peristome/lids appendages are correct.

Really? that's awesome. he sells it as an unidentified hybrid but it's even better that it's pure, thanks for helping out and thank you Mass, too.

Really? that's awesome. he sells it as an unidentified hybrid but it's even better that it's pure, thanks for helping out and thank you Mass, too.

yeah man.. even looking at it again today, it has everything it needs to be pure maxima. And nothing that a maxima wouldn't have..
I'd say it's a straight N. maxima.

I can't really compete with this amazing photography since all I've got right now is my iPhone, but here's my entry for July, N. eyemae (possibly maxima)
7652362676_f2dec74dc9.jpg

7652360746_83c504220a.jpg

maxima x (burbidgeae x edwardsiana) freshly opened
maxxbxe.jpg

love that one pygo, but must admit did not no that hybrid existed

ok here is my update for peter d' amato .
my first pitcher here was without the flash, this shows its color a little better . not much change though in the few weeks since the first pic
IMG_6103.jpg
IMG_6108.jpg
IMG_6109.jpg

Update

Maxima x (burbidgeae x edwardsiana)
0647a711.jpg

Back