What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pure Cold Pressed Neem Oil vs. prediluted or semi-prediluted neem oil emulsion

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Basically the title. I need to buy Neem and considering between Dyna-Gro pure cold pressed Neem oil and Garden Safe Neem oil which is at 70% but still needs further dilution.

I assume if using Dyna-Gro I might need to add a bit of surfactant to the solution to maintain the emulsion when diluting. Garden Safe on the other hand already contains (probably) the surfactant but might have other ingredients and I am not sure how save those are on sensitive plants such as Cephalotus and Drosera (will loose dew no matter what).

What are your experiences? If you went with pure Neem oil what did you use as surfactant (dish soap)?

Thank you!

I have a bottle of Southern Ag neem oil which is 70%. It does not appear to contain any surfactants as it still readily separates when diluted. I just shake the bottle regularly while spraying rather than adding soap to it.

Probably better to use a horticultural soap such as "pink sun " than dish soap

Yep, i have found some info on which soaps to use if pure neem oil is used. Dish soaps are not safe.

Back