What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rajah help

hey all

I just found this on my latest rajah leaf ,it's seem like some kind of fungus but i am not sure.
the new leaf seem smaller then the previous ones.here is a few pic.
the humidity in my setup is around 60-70% day and 90+ at night .
Day temps are 20-26 C
night 10-16(probably more around 12)

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adi

The conditions seem to be ideal. Maybe the water you're using is too hard? Maybe excess minerals are causing this, I see a lot of deposits on the leaves.

The conditions seem to be ideal. Maybe the water you're using is too hard? Maybe excess minerals are causing this, I see a lot of deposits on the leaves.

it's not a deposits on the leaves ,i sparay once in a while the plants against funges.
but it could be the water i will check my water(i use osmosis ) maybe i need 2 change my filters

Adi

it's not a deposits on the leaves ,i sparay once in a while the plants against funges.
but it could be the water i will check my water(i use osmosis ) maybe i need 2 change my filters

Adi

Repeated use of fungicide can cause leaf damage, so I'm pretty sure that's what's causing it.

If you really need to use fungicide often, you may need to add some airflow like a small fan.

I think it should be fine. Probably somehow it was damaged when the leaf was still young. Sudden change in conditions or a cold wind or somehting like that to damage delicate tissue can do that. Just watch out for the plant and see if it continues. That is when I would get worried.

thanks for all the help guy as
i think the plant will be fine ,will update soon when all the pitchers will finish inflating
here is one
IMG_4325-1.jpg

What's all over the leaves? Looks like yogurt! LOL

I never use any chemicals as a preventative, growing as close to organic as possible is always best IMHO. I would add ventilation if you're having to expend that much effort against fungus. The red looks like rust fungus. Are the plants wet when the lights go off at night? If so that isn't good, they should be humid but not wet at night.

What's all over the leaves? Looks like yogurt! LOL

I never use any chemicals as a preventative, growing as close to organic as possible is always best IMHO. I would add ventilation if you're having to expend that much effort against fungus. The red looks like rust fungus. Are the plants wet when the lights go off at night? If so that isn't good, they should be humid but not wet at night.

i dont really have that much problem with fungus ,i spray once every 6 month as a preventative treatment.the only plant that needed fungus treatment was the ephippiata .
as u can see in the pic.

Back