What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reason #1001 to avoid paypal

• Thread starter nightsky
  • Start date

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
So I quit using paypal altogether as they've screwed with me a few times (holding money randomly before releasing it, dipping into my linked bank account with no reason given other than "oops, our bad!", returning money to a buyer from myself after he claimed he never received the item despite me having tracked shipping, etc etc). My wife works in a bank and says on average her branch alone deals with 10 paypal fraud issues PER WEEK! Just her branch!

Well here's another lovely story of paypal's inherit evil. Buyer disputed item, paypal sides with buyer, tells him to destroy item to get refund. Buyer destroys item, seller of course disputes this but is out his item and his money. There are better alternatives: google checkout, amazon payments, etc. Seriously paypal is the worst system out there, quit using it! Merchants, provide alternatives! Go to www.paypalsucks.com to read the horror stories. You can be totally legit and still get screwed. Give it time.

http://www.regretsy.com/2012/01/03/from-the-mailbag-27/

Nice to hear someone with a similar story! Paypal has screwed us over so much already but luckily some worker for them bent over backwards to fix all the problems they had caused on the accounts such as "you need a new credit card to be with us" and stupid statements like that.

I don't use paypal all that often and the only dispute I've had was as a buyer when the seller never shipped me my item. I "won" but all they could do was close the account...yay for being out almost 300 bucks!

Back