What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recouping genlisea

Hi,

I received some plants from a friend today, sort of. They consisted of a couple of Genlisea species, and a Utric. They were in the mail for 3 weeks. Needless to say, I can't even find corpses. They had been wrapped in Sphagnum, which I had decided to throw into water to see if I could find anything at all. I might have found a couple of Genlisea leaves in one of the jars so far. They are really tiny and hard to make out.

My question is this. Assuming there is any living material in any of the 3 jars, should I fish it out immediately if i see it, and plant it right away, or can I safely leave them in there to recover a bit? I'm not so concerned with the Utric., which I know can fare well enough under water. But how is it for Genlisea?

Thanks.

Chris

sad.gif
Noone's answering... I'll explain my logic for my answer that you CAN leave it in there...

You said that you can do it with utrics, right? Well. I keep my genlisea soggier than my utrics when they are planted, so I would assume that yes, you could leave it in the water for a bit to let it recoup...

Hi,

That was my thinking as well. I was just hoping to have it confirmed (or not) by someone who had tried it before.

On the brighter side, I have found 2 relatively healthy pieces of G. hispidula in one of the jars. Other than being yellow-tinged, they were in great shape, and so I planted them up right away.

Thanks.

Chris

Back