Red traps

Can I make the traps of a common flytrap that have fully developed gain a deep blood-red hue?I can't make my traps red.

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
uglypho,
  Welcome to the Forum
smile.gif
!
How much direct sun is your flytrap getting. They need lots of direct sunlight to turn red.

My plant is getting 5hours of sunlight. I heard that if you starve your plant it will turn red.That's just a rumer.
AvftNo1.jpg
(Note: This is not my vft.This is a typical vft.)

It's really hard to make a typical venus flytrap get some coloration.I got mines from a hardware store.Big Mouth venus flytrap can have ultra redpurple traps.Here's some images.

VFT%20No%2008%2001.jpg

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
I have also heard that starving the flytrap will cause the traps to turn red, but I don't know if it is true or not. I grow my flytraps on my porch rail. They get sun from about 7:30 to 3:30 and have nice red traps.
It's possible that you have a variety that stays green.

My variety has a hint of pink in the traps.Is your typical vft the one you said was red?
smile.gif
VFT%20no%2001%2001.jpg
(I think this is my fly trap's variety.Also this is how red it is.)

D

Devin

uglypho,

That first pic is cool, but it is not a typical. Most lilkely a "Red-Purple" VFT. I've been looking for those by the way.
smile.gif

The first is a typical.The second and third is a big mouth.I know were to get them.www.************ has them in November.I would like to know if I could make some of my fully formed traps of the common flytrap turn red?Or does the red only appear on new growing traps if in full sun?