What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. minor inviting a yellow jacket to lunch

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
The landing...

IMG_8216x2 by Djoni C, on Flickr

Going...
9707682626_a17e6e0e36_z.jpg
[/url] IMG_8220x1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Going...
9707682846_1366289163_z.jpg
[/url] IMG_8218x1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Gone...it slipped down into the pitcher just after snapping the picture

IMG_8222x1 by Djoni C, on Flickr

lol nice dance =-)

Nice progression of pictures :) Always fun seeing a plant catch its own prey

lol nice dance =-)

Thank you. Fun to watch the pitchers fill up with these.

Nice progression of pictures :) Always fun seeing a plant catch its own prey

Thank you. I especially like watching the yellow jackets fall down the shute, aggressive little buggers.

Love it. This is probably one of the most rewarding perks of growing Cps

not to be a thread jacker, but i also find it rewarding when i go out in the spring or fall and find darn caterpillars munching my plants and i can put them a plant, its sweet revenge.

not to be a thread jacker, but i also find it rewarding when i go out in the spring or fall and find darn caterpillars munching my plants and i can put them a plant, its sweet revenge.
Tell me about it. I've got a purp pitcher with about 8 caterpillars due to me dropping their butts in there

What a beautiful specimen! Great as always.

I give them to the flytraps. :-D

Love it. This is probably one of the most rewarding perks of growing Cps

I know, right?

I do the same thing, feed 'em to the sarrs and VFT.

'Couldn't happen to a nicer bug, ha! Is that a typical minor or the "Okee Giant" form?

'Couldn't happen to a nicer bug, ha! Is that a typical minor or the "Okee Giant" form?

My sentiments exactly. That be the "Okee Giant" form.

I'm surprised you guys feed your plants caterpillars- thats the sworn enemy of any carnivore. They eat their way out of all my carnivores, even the fly trap I have that's notorious for eating wasps.

To the OP: awesome photography. :D

I'm surprised you guys feed your plants caterpillars- thats the sworn enemy of any carnivore. They eat their way out of all my carnivores, even the fly trap I have that's notorious for eating wasps.

That's why I only put them in my purp since they drown in the water. I'm a little nervous about putting them in my other plants

You are right, large caterpillars sometimes will eat their way out of my pitchers, but I have not seen a problem with small ones. I have more wasps and bees chew holes through pitchers trying to escape than caterpillars though, they chew a hole just big enough for their heads to get through but not their bodies, haha.

Thank you for the comment about the photos!

Back