What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

same plants..new pics

had to spray some fungicide recently so not too many pitchers lately. here are a few good ones though.
hamupper.jpg

redvent-lowii.jpg

mac--janu.jpg

glandulifera.jpg

hope ya like ;)
robin

The macrophylla is quite nice, although it appears to be sitting on one of its friends...

-D. Lybrand

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You gotta warn people to put on their shades before looking at that N. lowii, you might blind someone! Niice plants!

Wow...just wow. Amazing looking plants rlhirst!

That hamata is hypnotizing. I really need to get one soon. That's an upper pitcher, right? How old does a N. hamata have to be before it starts producing those sadistic looking upper pitchers?
cool.gif

Est, I think you'll find that that plant is lowii x ventricosa.

Hamata doesn't take too long to produce uppers, as it starts to vine not too long after reaching the mature rosette stage.

That is just a spectacular N. hamata upper. The N. macrophylla is always a winner, too. Can't wait till it gets into greater distribution.

Capslock

Gorgeous plants, Robin.  The N. macrophylla is a real beauty and that upper pitcher on N. hamata looks ready to bite!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Great looking pitchers.
I would think it should not be long before my hamata starts to make upper pitchers.

Nice plants.  I like the veins in the front of the N. hamata pitcher.  The lowii x ventricosa has a vivid coloration.  I like the violet reflection on the inside of N. marcophylla.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 22 2006,9:24)]SHA-WING!  Wow!  Fantastic pitchers!
Bravo!
I laughed out loud at your Wayne's World reference
smile_n_32.gif

"I don't own A gun, let alone many guns to necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do...with a gun rack?"

glad you guys liked them! Thanks for the compliments!
i forgot this one..He was hiding!
wistuba.jpg

this is one of Andreas' clones. I have another one from him that looks a lot more like anormal macrophylla, but it's a bit smaller.

Lets see. I grow them 50 - 85 degrees with about 65% humidity about 550 Fc.

Thanks Hamish..yep hamata starts to vine within about 4- 6 years of good growth..less if you get a large plant obviously.

lowii x ventricosa originated from exotica I believe.

smile.gif

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Those look very Nice!!! I;m still new with Neps. I have 3 in the GH. Grow them with the Orchids. THese are Highlands?? Since they take the cooler temps?

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Est, I think you'll find that that plant is lowii x ventricosa.

I was able to somehow ignore all the signs pointing to the fact that it's a hybrid: the way it looks (I thought it didn't look full lowii, but I know squat,) the title of the thread, the picture's name... Oh boy! Thanks you for the clarification, though.
smile.gif