What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanguinea Issues

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted anything but I was wondering if you guys could help me diagnose the problem with my 'young' nepenthes sanguinea.

This is a photo of my sanguinea before it got into the condition it is in now:
ohpkyd.jpg

Here is what my plant looks like now:
2wronqt.jpg

6ibl2d.jpg

As you can see from the photos, my sanguinea is producing dry, almost dead-looking leaves. Currently, I have it with the rest of my nepenthes on my grow shelf but have since moved it towards a more shadier part of it since I thought it was getting too much light. Also, I have had it in Jeff and Jacob's "nepenthes soil mix" but have since moved it into a 1:1 mix of peat moss and perlite as I thought it might need a more moist soil. I am not, however, watering it any more than I am with my other neps (about once-twice a week). Also, this has been going on for a while now.

Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong, or is this some sort of disease? All of my other neps are doing great and I am only having a problem with just this one plant. ???

PLEASE leave your suggestions and/or advice as I have no idea. :-(
Thanks!

Brandon

Last edited:
I'm just a noob but before I traded my sanguinea it grew the best for me in LFS and a lil perlite. Maybe your mix is too thick?

Definitely looks like burn issues. How long ago did you move it? It could be that it was much too close to the lights and getting burnt. Hopefully the change will produce some more normal looking leaves.

I agree with Dexenthes.

The plant looks like it got burned. I'd keep it in a shadier location and see how it fairs.

I had the same thing happen to an avocado plant i was growing. Looked exactly the same.

I'll try it guys! Thank you very much and I'll keep you updated! :)

I've got a similar problem with one of my unidentified plants. Unlike yours, my tendrils are all darkening on new growth and some of the new leaves come out black. However, since it's the same distance away from my light as all of my other plants, which are doing fine, I don't think it's that. Personally, I think it has something to do with fertilizer burn.

This thread title is a lie. It is impossible to have sanguinea issues! I must conclude that you are watering it with cyanide and feeding it radioactive waste.

Back