What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarracenia flava var. atropurpurea for trade

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
hi all!

I have a small/medium-ish S. flava var. atropurpurea for trade. It isn't very red at the moment, and look pretty ugly with lots of phydolia...but it is the genuine article! :)

I will take any offers (with in reason), but im looking for mainly sarracenia hybrids.

Thanks,
Frankie

I have two color variants of Catesbeii I would be willing to part with - really red variety that's still small (division from a larger plant) and a mature sized green-with-red-veins variety which I can easily divide.

I also have a Dixie Lace, but I imagine you have that one already.

no, i dont have dixie lace...could you send me some pics of the catesbeii?

Thanks!

It isn't very red at the moment, and look pretty ugly with lots of phydolia...but it is the genuine article! :)
I don't mean to be rude but I'm curious how this is an atro if it's not red? Do you have some pics of a time when it was red? There are a ton of plants around under the atro moniker that seem unable to turn red....

when atro's gets shipped or have root disturbance. it can take many months to gain the red color back... just a thing that atros and rubris have.
Alex

Hi,
For more info on this subject see my post in the Pitcher Plants: part of the forum at the top of the page called Sarracenia.

Best Regards :0o:

just as glider said-only mine's been repotted. they aren't always 100% red 100% of the time, unforunetly...???

Anyway, the trade is near being closed with:

Firerock, yeah!

if it falls through i'll let you know...i hope not though! :)

Drat! I was just going to say "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

I guess a more simple question is: Have you ever seen it all red?

Yes, i have. the mother plant (this is a division) gets dark red in spring, but looks worse and worse from there on out...???

Yes, i have. the mother plant (this is a division) gets dark red in spring, but looks worse and worse from there on out...???
That's quite normal for S. flava. Although some of mine keep sending up some decent pitchers, most are the seasonal opposite of the rubras / leucos.

Back