What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seed giveaway is now open

I finished putting all the seeds into little makeshift envelopes. Took about 3 days. Anyway, here's the final list, with the number of packets in brackets, so you can figure out your odds of getting a particular cross. Unless I get a bunch more SASE's in the next few days, it looks like everyone will get around 10 packets, give or take a few. OP means open-pollinated.

- (rubra x oreophila) x (oreophila x flava) OP [15]
- (rubra x oreophila) x flava OP [20]
- purpurea x flava ornata F2 [21]
- leucophylla x moorei OP [9]
- leucophylla x oreophila OP [18]
- [(oreophila x flava) x leuco] x oreophila [10]
- leucophylla OP [9]
- (psittacina x swaniana) x alata [3]
- 'Monster Mash' OP [12]
- (oreophila x purpurea) x leucophylla OP [3]
- 'Scarlett Belle' x 'Hummer's Hammerhead' [6]
- leucophylla x rubra OP [13]
- leucophylla x rubra jonesii "antho-free" OP [3]
- rubra wherryi OP [4]
- oreophila x 'Ladies in Waiting' [12]
- flava x catesbaei [1]
- leucophylla x flava OP [11]
- (leucophylla x wrigleyana) x 'Hummer's Hammerhead' [3]
- 'Hummer's Hammerhead' x (leuco x oreophila) [3]
- (rubra x purpurea x rubra) x 'Night Sky' [3]
- flava x psittacina OP [5]
- 'Ladies In Waiting' OP [3]
- (flava x catesbaei) x 'Mardi Gras' [1]
- 'Night Sky' x (leucophylla x umlauftiana) [1]
- excellens x (rubra x oreophila x purpurea) [3]
- rubra gulfensis x (leuco x oreophila) [9]

plus, everyone will get a packet of mixed species/hybrids that were open pollinated. Probably around 20 different seed parents involved in that mix.

They all look great! And I should say thanks for the seed from last year. I have given several plants from the batches already. Several more will be offered in the spring. This is made possible by you and other seed givers.

Thanks

Indeed your generosity is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

-Juan-Carlos

WOW 10 packs???!! Are the seeds marked so we know what's what?? WOW again! Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Oct. 29 2004,1:08)]WOW 10 packs???!! Are the seeds marked so we know what's what?? WOW again! Thanks!
yes

Hey Kirk, If you'd look at his post on the last page:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am hoping everyone gets their seeds by the middle of November.

Peter

actually, i think it is likely they'll all go out next week.

okay thanks, is it possibel, you could pm me with whats going out? i understand if not, but i'd appreciate it emmensley (sp?) if you could

Everyone will get 8 packets of marked seed and 1 packet of the mixed open pollinated. They could possibly go out in the mail today, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps Friday.

correction: 2/3 will get 8, 1/3 will get 9, in addition to the mixed packet.

Thank you for whatever I get! You are very generous person!!
smile.gif

yay! 9 packs total? wow, i know when i start hybridizing these, i know you'll be the first on my list to recieve seeds

Hey did you get my sase in time I sent it out on Saturady. I hope you got it in time. -Nick Z.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Nov. 03 2004,5:18)]yay! 9 packs total? wow, i know when i start hybridizing these, i know you'll be the first on my list to recieve seeds
that's one of the main reasons I do this. so in the future you can sell/trade me divisions/seeds from these plants. Hope to hear from you in a few years Kirk
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nickz123 @ Nov. 03 2004,10:16)]Hey did you get my sase in time I sent it out on Saturady.  I hope you got it in time.   -Nick Z.
I don't recognize the name, but I had around 24 SASE's. I know I couldn't recite them all now. I gave out all the marked seed packs already. If I get a late letter the best I can do is give you some of the mixed open-pollinated seeds, and maybe some mixed sundew seeds if you're interested.

That would be great, Thanks for anything
Nick Z.

Your seed is great as well. I had germination of every type last year. Some of the pitchers are large enough to give an idea of what the adults will look like. They are very nice.

Thank you.

S,
A big thanks! This is great. Since I'm moving into a new house....with a YARD in 10 days (YIKES! So much to DO!), I will actually have a bog garden next year, and this offer is just what the doctor ordered.

Back