What's new

Seagrow 16-16-16

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used a fertilizer called seagrow 16-16-16. I first saw it at this site- http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com/fertilization.htm and have looked around for it a little bit. It seems to be a little cheaper then Maxsea 16-16-16 and would like to try some, but first i would like to hear if anyone else had any experiences with it.

I have only ever used MaxSea, so take that into account when I say: Sea Grow appears to be formulated in much the same way as MaxSea, which no doubt is why Joel (nepenthesaroundthehouse) mentioned both in the same sentence ;-) I suspect you could use either with the same results. Just be mindful what you apply it to, and how. Not all genera tolerate a nutrient supply of this intensity (relative intensity).

Last edited:
How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized. I feel like it would last a long time if i use 1/4 a teaspoon per gallon. Am I right to assume this or does it actually run out a lot faster then I would think?

How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized.
I'm not too far from Joel's philosophy on fertilizing (the maybe once per month part) for most of my plants. At 1/4 tsp/gal, I'll probably be dead long before I use even half of it.

I've been using another brand of Orchid fertilizer for several years & it comes in a much smaller bottle - I may be gone before I finish that one too...