What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

seperating plants

i bought a venus fly trap from home depot about a week ago.  i thought it was one plant, but it looks like 2 or 3 plants potted together.  i was thinking of seperating them and planting them in a bigger pot.  is it hard to do?  i heard they had fragile roots and im worried that i might damage some when i seperate them..  so how would i do it?

I would leave them together for now.They have not had the best growing conditions and are already stressed. I have several that are growing together and it does not seem to hurt the plant. If one starts to die you may want to seperate them then, but I would not do it if they are all healthly.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Staff member
Admin
i would leave them as well...  infact here at petflytrap.com  i see there is the option to have 2 plants in one pot... it is a option available durring purchase process on some plants.  so i am confident that if that was not a good thing, these guys wouldn't do it  
biggrin.gif