What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

3c5f251d5a19e89d6a1fc0df0e188d3b.jpg

NOID Cat

27756594711_a6eeefb4e1.jpg

Restrepia brachypus

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the flower since it was a fairly recent addition when it bloomed.

Dendrobium trantuanii. First time blooming for me.

Phragmipedium Sunset Magic

Phragmipedium Sunset Magic

Very nice! I've got a Phrag. 'Beaumont' that I'm waiting to get big enough to bloom so seeing this photo give me hope.

Thanks, Mark! I can't take credit for the flowers... I got this one in spike at an orchid show a few weeks ago. Though I guess I should be proud that it hasn't blasted any buds!

c6f0b62124a1a757ee1ca91bb12535ab.jpg

sophronitis cernua

74e8e4697dadfa834a297b232806f97c.jpg

Trisetella species

be8924cb534f1f61287b248bf2e8b4af.jpg

Angraecum sesquipedale

Finally a post I can add to! I recently started growing Cephalotus but most of my collection is orchids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent Trisetella photo, Ballard!

Thank you [emoji5]
If only I could identify it. Trisetellas are pretty consistently mislabeled. The last 4 I've bloomed have all been mislabeled...and I got them from different places. That one turned out for the better though [emoji57]

A pretty flower Chibby sent me :) :) :)
P. Rainbow Chip X Timothy Christopher
P4270108_zpscho0a3sb.jpg

P4270112_zpsa5kynnkr.jpg

And I bought myself what I thought would be an uninteresting flower for the nice spotty leaves, but turns out I actually like pretty pink flowers!
Phal. schilleriana
P4270109_zpsdeiss3tr.jpg

P4270110_zpsyujf2div.jpg

Gorgeous P.schilleriana!!

Schill's a nice one. One of the few Phals whose leaves aren't just plain green. Another good one with spotty leaves is Phalanopsis stuartiana. (That one has white flowers, typically with some spots on some of the petals.)

Schill's a nice one. One of the few Phals whose leaves aren't just plain green. Another good one with spotty leaves is Phalanopsis stuartiana. (That one has white flowers, typically with some spots on some of the petals.)

I have a stuartiana hybrid with gorgeous leaves. It's still a seedling and doesn't do much growing for me. Recently put it in one of my terrariums and it's finally putting new leaves out (2 so far)! I've had it for 2 years with only 1 new leaf grown! Probably my temps...

Yeah I was hoping to find a stuart at the orchid show that passed through, but all they had was schill so I ended up getting one of them. The vendor, who I told about my warm-growing round-leafed orchid killing ways threw in a bellina for free (oh god) because he didn't want me giving up yet so I'd say I made out like a bandit!

I have a stuartiana hybrid with gorgeous leaves. It's still a seedling and doesn't do much growing for me. Recently put it in one of my terrariums and it's finally putting new leaves out (2 so far)! I've had it for 2 years with only 1 new leaf grown! Probably my temps...

You can't just say that and not post a pic...

Bellina is lovely -- fragrant too, IIRC.

Back