What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sulfur based funguscide

does any know of or recommend a brand of sulfur based funguscide? I need it to help control algae growth when starting cp seeds in wet spagnum. Any other helpful tips for controling algae growth would be appreciated. Thanks

A fungicide, even one that is sulfur based, might be over kill. Fungicides are always something I use sparingly if at all. Are you in a position to post a photo of your algae?

i don't have any pictures to post of the algae. I read on the ICPS webpage to use a diluted solution of sulfur funguscide(about 1/4 of the label recommended labeling) to treat the algae when trying to grow sarracenia from seed.

I'd try a few other strategies first but that's just me. Pick up a little tiny desk style oscillating fan (under $10 at WalMart) and point it at the seedling trays. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. See if that helps.

The 1/4 strength fungicide sounds fine. Look for a brand named Safer.

Hey, I just found this thread again. How are your seedlings coming along?

Back