What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm jealous of that prolifera!

Thank you! I noticed that this species likes to be a little farther from the lights than other Drosera, it doubled in size when it wasn't directly beneath the lights.

That's entirely correct, mine would procreate about every 2 months. I grew mine in live LFS, though.

Haha thank you! I'm working on growing some Colocasia from seed as well, I'll be sure to inspect them regularly. Hopefully my parents won't notice the smell if I get the Amorpho to flower next year...

In my climate Colocasia, Kroton and plants of the Solonaceae family are regularly infested by spider mites. I don't know why but they skip all other plants in my collection and go for the Kroton first for instance. Now I use a miticide every month and it's been fine for the past few years.

Wow I hadn't thought of sowing colocasia seeds, that sounds awesome. Are they difficult to germinate ?

Nope. The seeds are extremely easy to germinate. I just had them in typical potting soil and kept them moist, warm, and bright. They sprouted in three weeks.

btw drew if you heavily fertilize those colocasia they will be larger than your large specimen is now by the end of the summer. Awesome Bical btw

Wonderful, I'll give it a try - thanks Drew!

Interesting! Maybe it has something to do with the ABG? It is nice looking at the pitchers and more or less knowing which species are being represented... : p

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't find a sign or dedication anywhere.

Nice plants! That is a rather odd pink color on the one raff, never seen a color quite like it. Reminds me of cherry ice cream......

Greta plants Sundrew!

I admire and love the warm climate Nepenthes immensely, but cannot adopt any, since my house is a dedicated highland space. Your rafflesianas and ampullarias sorely tempt me though. I will have to enjoy these species vicariously!

I absolutely love that pink rafflesiana, what a unique color. I've got one of the sg raff squat x var alata from EP as well, would be great if one of us ends up with a female and we can make babies some day, lol!

Thank you for the compliments everyone! I was equally surprised when I came home from Honduras and found that bright pink pitcher.

@Taargus: Haha I would be down, but it'll be a while before this one flowers.

Better than I remember, Drew! You're doing a great job with it.

That pink raff in unlike any raff I've ever seen before.

Back