What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Angry Pharmacist

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
HILARIOUS Blog! I found it last night at another forum. I definitely will be a little more patient with pharmacy technicians and pharmacists from now on.

"So Perdue, in an attempt to line its own pockets full of gold, have just shafted not the addicts (who just raise their prices when they sell this stuff) but the legit pain management patients. Thats right, chronic pain patients now have to deal with trade name copays instead of generic copays. Your grandfather have cancer? Perdue pretty much is saying "hm, that sucks, so sorry!" as they swim in their lakes of gold and snort their products off of the thighs of 17 year old Thai hookers with rolled up 100 dollar bills. Thats right, I went there."

"So why don't you go down a bottle or two of tylenol and chase it with a quart of vodka for good measure. Your basal metabolism is contributing to global warming, and there are slime molds who'd make better use of the oxygen you consume."

HILARIOUS!

http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/

I do admit, I get impatient when the pharmacy doesn't have something I take. Perfect example is albuterol. Three times in a row, they had to order albuterol tablets. It's not some rare cancer drug... it's albuterol. Same pharmacy, twice in a row, gave me 30 levothyroxine tablets instead of 60 (two a day). I can understand a screw up now and then, and they of course made good on it, but I had to switch pharmacies. The irony is the day I switched, the new pharmacy had to order albuterol for me. Wamp wamp waaaaamp.

Oy vey. My dad just told me that his mother's brother (my grand uncle?) is a pharmacist (apparently didn't have what it took for med school), and I already knew his sister's husband (uncle via marriage) is a doctor, but I've never met the former if I can remember and the latter only saw me as a baby. I wonder if they'd write their long lost nephew letters of recommendation? I'm guessing not.

Albuterol tablets? I didn't know it came in tablet form. And that's so common how could a pharmacy not have that?

I do really hate it when a pharmacy doesn't have something. I mean, if you asking for it, odds are you really NEED it.

I take levothyroxine. I forgot to take it today.

Maybe the tablets aren't so common after all if you didn't know about them lol. I know a lot of body builders take double that dose to burn off fat, but I'm actually the only person I know who takes it systematically. The inhalers just don't cut it for me for maintenance and I'd rather not sit around taking nebulizer treatments four times when I could just take a pill twice a day instead.

I was extra nice to the pharmacy technician today, and managed to sweet talk him into getting the pharmacist to sell me the generic form of wellbutrin instead of the generic form of zyban. SAME chemical, bupropion, except one is prescribed for depression and the other for nicotine cravings. It was 50 bucks cheaper, so it really does pay to be extra nice to them! Or maybe they called my doctor without me knowing it and asked permission, in which case it really didn't pay off... but who cares? Fifty bucks!

Prescriptions are outrageously expensive. My migraine Rx copay just went up to $40...for 10 pills.

I have a Ventolin inhaler in my bag now. Albuterol used to make me feel horrible for about 20 min. after I used it but this time it didn't do that too much. I took Wellbutrin a long time ago to quit smoking and it was working but I lost the last bottle and that was that. Amazingly I quit on my own last August. I just threw out the old bottle of pills the other day.

Careful at CVS pharmacy, if they don't agree with your perscription they don't have to fill it (i.e. birth control). How soon before they don't believe you need your heart meds, or insulin, you just have to pray a little harder...

Albuterol definitely gives you the shakes lmao. Wellbutrin has been WONDERFUL for me. Last night was the first time I thought about cigarettes in months, and I wasn't even craving them or anything. Gives me a little energy boost and decreases my appetite too, so who can not like that! Plus the dreams it gives me are so crazy. Every night is a new adventure! Plus they smell like pistachio ice cream! Of course I could have a seizure at any moment lmao. My cousin's stepdaughter tried Chantix and said it made her sick as HELL and pretty much unable to do anything she was so sick. And it apparently gave her nightmares. Not just weird crazy dreams, but nightmares. I don't know if she ever quit smoking or not. I'm glad I did!

I've always heard from family that CVS sucks for pretty much anything. Have you heard they're testing Gardasil for men? I think that's great! Sign me up.

You're absolutely right. A lot of drugs are unnecessarily expensive. Do you get your levothyroxine from walmart? They sell it for $4 since it's on their generic list. I remember once I was in line and the woman in front of me bought a single bottle of pills (dunno what they were, but she looked healthy. Of course they may not have been for her) and the bill was SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!

I'm always very nice to my pharm. tech always.

And if you think 600 bux for a bottle of pills is expensive. You won't want to read the next few lines.

I have to take an IV drug every 12 hours (twice a day) and just ONE dose is 6000, yes six thousand. And thats when I'm home. When I'm inpatient (about once every 2-3 weeks for one week) I'm on another IV drug....23,000 dollars a dose every 12 hours for about 7 days.

Sigh... my meds are so expensive its been hard finding someone/someplace to cover them....

If my meds "only" cost 600 dollars for a bottle of multiple doses I'd be spinning around for joy...

I just switched to CVS from Walgreens because I totally got the screw job one afternoon from Walgreens. They had me running all over town trying to get them to read the dang refill Rx for my insulin since it wasn't "written correctly." My doctor was on vacation and I ended up having to go to the ER to get a doctor to write a new Rx! So $100 later for the ER visit I had an Rx verbatim of what Walgreens told me it needed to be. Was it satisfactory? NO! Meanwhile, my blood sugar is spiking 400 and getting angrier by the second since I've now missed 3 hours of work when I was only planning on being gone for 15 minutes.

I can't stand pharmacists (nothing personal if there any that frequent here). I feel like they think they are all bad because they go to so much school. Just count my stupid pills! Do I need instructions on my medications? NO! My doctor told me everything I need to know already. Just count the pills, tell me how overpriced they are, and let me go. Ughh...

xvart.

...Wow. May I ask what you have? Is six grand what you personally pay or does your insurance pick part of it up? Wow. Thats over half a million dollars. Wow!

I've never met an arrogant pharmacist, but I hate arrogant doctors who treat the nurses like crap because they didn't go to medical school. I even remember one doctor saying something along the lines of 'That's why I get paid so much more than you" to a nurse. Like.. omg.

On the flip side, I'm not a fan of arrogant nurses/PA's/NP's who are opening up clinics in Walmarts and whatnot, have "rolling botox clinics", etc, etc. Were you too dumb for medical school? Yes? Then you're too dumb to inject paralyzing toxin into people's bodies.

PS: How are you changing your display name?? Just curious lol. Never seen an option for that.

My wife would agree with the arrogant doctors since she's a nurse.

PS: How are you changing your display name?? Just curious lol. Never seen an option for that.

Talk to the man in charge. I think it's an administrative thing.

xvart.

Back