What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

The one nep terrarium

I just finished setting up a small new terrarium to house a single N. campanulata.  I thought I would post a picture of it here.  Like my large highland grow chamber this tank waters itself on a timer.

minitank.jpg

Matt
smile.gif

Use a cheap 10 pond pump, some flexible tubing and a cheap plug in timer set to run 15 minutes a day.

works for me

joe

Can one get a big pump with a tube in, say a trash can full of RO water, and use a cheap timer for auto watering to water from several spouts?

Joe

Hi Joe,

In my large grow chamber I have exactly what you described set up.  A large pump pumps water into a pvc pipe and from that pipe 15 small hoses are available to be attached to pots.  Works like a charm.

highlandtank.jpg

Matt

I use the same sort of system for my Darlingtonia, accept I have it outside and the pump is running 24/7. It works great!
Jack

Matt,

How often do you change out the water in your terrarium? I'm thinking of rigging something like that up for a vacation I'm taking next week. (11 days)

Capslock