What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata pasian in LL

Hi guys........Just asking if anyone has grown truncata pasian form in lowland conditions or at least intermediate conditions.....I've seen pics of it in HL and they are simply beautiful compared to the lowland truncata..Anyways please post some pics especially if you grow them in LL conditions

Thanks

Ken

I do currently, the only thing it doesnt like are nights that are too warm. And by too warm I mean Ultralowland conditions. As long as you give it SOME temperature drops at night it'll grow just like a typical truncata. It wont hardly know the difference.

Hi...Thats a VERY quick reply...My conditions are around 33-35C noon and 23-28C night....Though of course i can spray with refrigerated water at night since i do that sometimes for my HL/intermediate neps

Sounds like my conditions. You wont even need the refrigerated water.

Mine grows fine in intermediate/lowland conditions with absolutely no night time temperature drop.

I've found That My Truncata Pasian is very tolerant, it grows nicely. I've seen people grow it in a wide range of conditions, its a tough nep.

Yeah, its a tough plant but I've managed to push it past its limits. Days in the hundreds and nights in the high ninetys are bad for them.

I grow mine outside in the summer and it's handled days in the hundreds. It does however get a temp drop into the mid or upper 70's each night.

pretty sure truncata is like veitchii.....doesnt really matter a whole lot if you grow a highland variety in lowland or a lowland in highland so long as you dont have ultra highland or ultra lowland conditions.......anything in the middle is pretty well tolerated...if the temps are in the mid 70's to low 80's all day they are fine even if there isnt much difference in the night time versus daytime temps....

Here are mine, both grown in the same conditions:

Highland form
IMG_1866.JPG_595.jpg

Lowland form
IMG_2283.JPG_595.jpg

Back