What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit: Trade Closed

Hey Everyone:

I have a small portion of U. 'Jitka' for trade. As many of you know, this is a fairly rare cultivar and an interesting cross between U. quelchii (female) and U. praetermissa (male).

I'm looking for plants on my want list (and not on my growlist) - http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php/135699-NatchGreyes-Growlist-Wantlist - or anything you think might be interesting. I can hold shipment until spring, but I do have heat packs.

Please PM me with offers.

Last edited:
bowing out....

Last edited:
Already getting rid of the x'Jitka' ? That was fast....

Cthulhu138, no, just dividing. I repotted it into a larger pot and realized it had a secondary growth. Divide and trade, eh?

Besides, I'm very excited to see its flowers for myself. One day, I'll have a whole collection of tropical Utrics - 'Jitka', 'Asenthe Waite', whatever I get next. Hopefully, I get some pictures of the 'Asenthe Waite''s flowers soon...the scape is growing.

Haha, did you get 'Asenath Waite' from me too ? That one's a super fast grower.

Yeah I got most of my utrics from Johnny and the Asenath Waite is a SUPER fast grower. It went from a tiny division to a flowering adult specimen in a few months. One thing I've noticed about that one is that it like a lot less light than my other utrics. It now sits in a windowsill and gets about an hour of indirect afternoon sun, and is loving it. I thought I lost the Jitka, but it's coming back from one tiny stolon.

I think I did, Johnny. I agree with EtW, it's super fast. I have a mature one about the flower, and a couple other mature portions, as well as several tiny divisions.

I have it in high light, the flowering one at least, and it has colored up purple really quite nicely.

Back