What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
Hey everyone!

I just divided up a typical VFT that is coming out of a light dormancy and discovered that I had not one but six of them! So I'm putting four of them up for trade. They range from pretty big to pretty small - see the pic below. Whoever fills their name in first on the list below will get the largest VFT, the second person will get the second largest, etc. Unless of course you request a smaller one...

7139324d.jpg

VFTs:

And here's my Sarracenia "Mardi Gras." It's coming out of a light dormancy - you can see the mature pitchers are brown and crispy but there's new growth coming out of the crown.

d0ffa5ad.jpg

f7d424ec.jpg

I just love this plant, but I need to part ways with it. I just don't have the right conditions to take care of it (small Brooklyn apartment) and I fear I might lose it if I try to put it through another dormancy. And with Mardi Gras right around the corner, I figured this would be a good time to find it a new home!

Please post or PM me if you're interested in the Sarr.

In exchange, I'm looking for a number of things, if you think the trade is fair:
N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, or some other Nep with nice ornate pitchers that isn't picky about conditions
D. prolifera
D. paradoxa
Or some cool tropical or subtropical sundew, ping, or maybe a nifty type of VFT that you don't see in my grow list.

Happy trading!

Last edited by a moderator:
VFTs:
1.Vbkid!

VFTs:
1.Vbkid!
2.adamtekium

Would you trade a D. adelae for the Sarracenia? Or would you like anything on my grow list for it just let my know what you want and my grow list is in my signature so click it and look at it.

[Edit: Nomenclature adjustment - genus names are always written with an initial capital letter, the second part of species names are always written in all lower-case letters.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure D. adelae alone for the Sarr would be entirely fair - it's not exactly the most common hybrid. PM me and we can figure something out.

It's just been brought to my attention that my offer for typical VFTs might not have been entirely 'legal' by forum rules--since flytrapshop.com sells these things. I'm going to PM a mod and seek some advice. Meanwhile, I'm holding those last two VFTs. I apologize in advance to the mods and prospective traders, but I'll keep everyone posted if it turns out that this offer is kosher.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

OK, just heard back from Andrew - I'm all clear for continuing with this offer. Although please note that I have removed D. adelae from my 'want' list on this thread. They're available on flytrapshop.com. If I want one, I will give the good folks at FTS.com my business :)

Nobody for VFTs?? I got two left. How about I pick up shipping. FREE VFTs for everyone!!

Now how about that lovely Sarr? It ain't exactly a looker right now, but just take a look at my avatar! That's what it's capable of!

a free vft?!
that sounds great!
im intrested :)

Can i have the last one? So your saying you will pay for shipping and it is a giveaway?
Thanks Fury!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Also would you take anything of my grow list for your Sarracenia? http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125063

OK! So I have:

1.Vbkid!
2.adamtekium
3.zacher93
4.eou812

Remember, the first on the list will get the largest VFT, the second will get the second largest, etc.

You heard right - I'm covering shipping! I'm feeling generous. Plus, these plants are pretty young and still fighting their way out of dormancy, so I can't really expect much in the way of a trade anyway. I get a pretty good deal on UPS shipping through work, so I'm not taking a huge hit on that. The only catch is that I can't ship to PO boxes through work, so if you have a PO box I might ask for a few bucks to cover shipping through USPS. If you four could PM me your addresses (vbkid, I have yours already), I'll get these plants out to you on Wednesday.

@eou812 - I'll answer your PM.

Back