What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used Chiller

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
I bought a used chiller. My water is cloudy. Any suggestions on how to clean this chiller. I am figuring that this residue will kill any of my plants.

Thanks.

Chillers are frequently used in reef aquariums, so I'd guess some vinegar/ro water mix? Maybe look up the manual and see what it says for cleaning procedures?

Manual suggest a cleaning fluid. I am going to try the 1 to 2 vinegar to water . I am not seeing anything on hydroponic solution cleaning or what the traces will do to carnivorous plants. That is what I am most worried about, what would this do to my plants?

I dont think you need to worry about anything being left behind, it should be able to rince clean. You'll be rinsing regardless of what you use so make sure you do that well and you're set. Did you check the tds of the water in and water out?

Currently without cleaning I have 28. I will test again after cleaning. Thanks.

Back